A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

[GM7] Room changing

BOB_ROX

Hey PSB, With the code that you said put in the creation code of objHub, I just gotta ask, How can I change that so it works to put to make it go to the room I wish for it to go to, Instead of having it just only go "Next room" In the actual object itself, Coz atm Im making more than one object just to go in and out of tails workshop and Im making like 4 different rooms which is making progress of my game oh so confusing, Think you could help me out making it simpler to the mind and IQ such as myself? Lol.

First off, you should make a new variable in the Creation Code (in 'objTeleporter' or whatever its called) that stores the name of the room you want the player to be teleported to:

teleport_room = 'the room you want';

Next, go to objTeleporter's Teleport/Transition Event and replace the room_next code with:

room = teleport_room;

If you're still stuck, I could sort it out myself if you let me. You can PM or Email me for that.

Im still having trouble with what I want, Coz I changed it back to just the 2 rooms, but when it goes back to the roomtest room [yes I havent gone to change it yet] It goes back to the start of that along with the room changer thing, Ill email you, Or if you have msn Ill be able to send it through that and you take a look for me?, Coz spike helped with the room changing problem just the placement is a bit screwy.