A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

[GM7] Super Peel Out.

BOB_ROX

With genesis engine I saw theres a super peel out (or as any of you out there like to call it "the figure "8" move") animation in the sonic animation, I was wondering. If anyone knew how to get it into the genesis engine just like (or close enough) to that of sonic cd's super peel out. If anyone would know how I was wondering if you could tell me?

Because if I use the spindash's type code for it, that'll mean all Im doing is copying the code and just changing the animation basically but I dont wish to do that as in Sonic CD you had to hold it in to charge up. unlike the spin dash you have to keep pressing it to charge, So I was wondering if anyone would like to help me with this question/problem?.

Thanks!

Ah, now the super peel out move is very similar to the spindash like you stated, just the only differences are that its a different animation, and the charging is different.

Add to the Step Event

if (key_up && key_action_pressed && ground==true && x_speed==0){
action = action_peelout
}
if (action == action_peelout && super_peel_out < 11.5){
super_peel_out += 0.5;
}
if (action == action_peelout && super_peel_out == 0.5){
sound_play(sndSpinDashCharge);
}
if (action == action_peelout && !key_up && super_peel_out > 5){
x_speed = animation_direction * super_peel_out;
sound_play(sndSpinDashGo);
super_peel_out = 0;
}
if (action == action_peelout && !key_up && !super_peel_out>5){
super_peel_out = 0;
}
if (ground==false){
super_peel_out = 0;
}
if (action == action_peelout && super_peel_out == 0){
action = action_normal;
}
[/CODE]

Don't forget to set [b][i]super_peel_out = 0[/i][/b] in the character's create event, and I'm assuming you already know how to add the animations to this. Hope it helps.

[b]ALSO,[/b] play around with this part of the code stated above:

[CODE]
if (action == action_peelout && super_peel_out < 11.5){
super_peel_out += 0.5;
}
[/CODE]

to either increase or decrease the speed at which the peelout is accelerated or the max speed that the character goes when the move is successful.