A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Spindash problem

Hey gang,

I'm having a problem with spindashing. See, I used Rage's Static Engine for my Sonic fangame STH:Origin of STH2 (many of you guys heard of this.) My question is is there another way to make spindashes for both directions because when my character spindashes to the right, it works correctly but when it comes to the left, it's not very good. What am I doing wrong, and I'm using TGF to let you guys know.

What I mean is that when the events are created to spindash right, it works perfectly but for the left, it charges to dash but when I stop pressing the key to charge, Sonic is still in his spindash charge animation and the spindash to the left fails.

Did you just copy the events the events for right to left, and then just replace the objects needed? Because maybe you didn't replace one of the objects when dealing with the events, or didn't change one of the values if you did that. I do that sometimes, I copy a piece of the code and then accidentally don't make one necessary change, and it all falls to pieces.

Yes, that's possible, but it's also not needed. I'm not sure how the movement works, but both directions should work with one set of events and the directions should work by multiplying its X movement by a variable. If you're moving right, times by 1. If you're moving left, times by -1. That would completely prevent problems from happening for 1 direction and it's much easier to code.

Okay, maybe if you said exactly what the code for you spindash is, I could help.