A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

I need some real help

J-MaxVG

Funny story, Sonic Reloaded was supposed to be released to the around the time Unleashed was, one problem, I can't do it, its just too glitched. Thats why the date is 12/25/08 and 1/10/09

The Engine I made is odd, I Don't know what to do. It was made using Game Maker 5 and I also own Game Maker 6. Anyways, my engine has 360 loops, it can make Sonic walk on any surface with enough speed, it has 3 kinds of shields (Invincibility with music,regular barrier and the ring shield.) My ring loss is screwed up, If I collect 300 rings then I lose 300 rings when this happens the frame rate drops dramatically from 60 to like 10... It supports grinding on rails but it's glitched up as well (When I get on sonic slows to a complete halt and I have to press the dash buttons I made to make him speed up) It has good features that I tried to resemble from Sonic Rush and Sonic Unleashed but I just can't mimic what I see, I need some help.

My Engine is good, but I need a better engine I mean, it's got speed, its got loops, timers, ring loss and other Sonic game necessities but it's missing something major my engine is screwed till I figure this out... Is there a better engine better than the features I have for game maker 5 and 6. One that features jump dashing, speeding up like Sonic Rush/Sonic Unleashed and other features..

I tried on my own but I can't do it. Making games are for groups not loners... I need a group. I can still do it on my own but it's hard..:smad:

Ugh, I'd definitely see if I could help you out as some of those problems don't seem to difficult, but my knowledge on Game Maker is slim right now. =/

However, I can say that you'd be better off limiting the ring loss to a maximum of 20 while still setting your ring count to 0 ( ala the genesis games ). Not sure how Game Maker does it, but using a Min function might help.

[ Min( "Amount of rings" , 20 ) ; something like that. ]

Ugh, I'd definitely see if I could help you out as some of those problems don't seem to difficult, but my knowledge on Game Maker is slim right now. =/

However, I can say that you'd be better off limiting the ring loss to a maximum of 20 while still setting your ring count to 0 ( ala the genesis games ). Not sure how Game Maker does it, but using a Min function might help.

[ Min( "Amount of rings" , 20 ) ; something like that. ]

I actually have a 20 ring limit but for some reason, it doesn't work.. :(

But I'll try to see if I can use the example that you put there to see how it works. I'm probably missing something..