A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Video editing.

Zal

Actually, it's not so much editing as 'dumbing down'. Basically I have an avi file, completely good movie it's all edited and that's fine.

However, it's 800 meg. And I need to make it much smaller in resolution and in size so that it'll work for things such as youtube.

Does anyone have any suggestions? By the way I compiled the avi file with Premier Pro and when I made it there was no option to make it lower quality etc.

Any suggestions? Any help is welcomed. Thank you. :V

Edit: It goes for four minutes total and it's about 700 x 520 resolution.

...YouTube just upped their max. file size to a gig.

But still...Assuming your file is 800mb @ 4 minutes, that means you're not using some form of compression. Google XviD and install the codec (you probably already have it, though, but get the newest version).

Then download VirtualDub and tear that ass UP

Just noticed that actually. I never thought it was ever that big.

Only signed up like two seconds ago too. Hmm yeah I think I have that but I'll need the newer version. I'll try to compress it as much as possible.

Thanks man.

This topic can now be locked and die. Thanks. =P

VirtualDub. Everytime I build an AVI after using the compression screen and compressing it down to about 17% (the bare minimum without loss of quality) and it ends up about the same size. Like maybe fifty meg less?

Thanks, Nose. Oh look he's banned. Wonder why.

21149789ua6.png

Click on TARGET QUANTIZER for a new option to appear OMFG

73039553oo5.png

Set this bitrate to something around 1000 for real life movies, 700 for cartoon shit.

57531598rn9.png

Change AUDIO to Full Processing Mode and go to COMPRESSION

98315470iu2.png

Choose whatever MP3 codec you have, select SHOW ALL FORMATS, and pick something that's logical

25019264de9.png

Save the fucker

89819303wf1.png

97584561lc1.png

If that doesn't work, than I dunno what to tell you.