A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

How do you create the frameless intro?.. you know..

Parallax

You can create a level as first frame and put there what you want to. After you change the frame, change the window shape using the window shape option. That could be a posibility. The only thing is that you need to imagine how to make the percent counter, if needed.

Other option is to use separated apllications and run the game application after the screen is shown. Or use subapplications.

Don't bother doing that for a loading screen; not in the Multimedia Fusion anyhow. If you want to make a start up menu screen though, just make a Config app that's separate from the actual game and take out the frame in the Config app. That's the easy approach I'd take anyhow. =P

I pretty much have to agree with Lark.

I've done the same thing, just not for a loading screen, and it works considerably well. So if anything, I'd have to back the suggestions of using a separate application.

@ Supa & Lark - An extra application would call for two exe's when the final product is done I honestly rather not do that. And I've seen a lot of mmf games where they start with no frame. (one that comes to mind is Planet Wars 3000)

@Blue Frenzy for your first idea - I want to go from a frameless intro box to a framed application so I don't think your idea would work, unless there is some extension that can do this (I have looked thoroughly though).