A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic After the Sequel

S0LV0

oEIryuL.png

Sonic After the Sequel is a fangame by FakeLeperd. The game is meant to detail the events after Sonic the Hedgehog 2, leading up to Sonic the Hedgehog 3. The game sees Sonic through new zones, with new sprites, enemies, and even powerups!

As of right now, the game itself is finished with development and is awaiting the completion of the OST. Like Sonic Before the Sequel, the soundtrack is a completely original creation, and like SBtS, has a lot of heart being put into it. The artists from last time have returned; Falk, Funk Fiction, Ristar, and KgZ. In addition to making more of a collaboration on their music this time around, we also have new artists for the soundtrack! Those artists are Mr. Lange, DJ Max-E, and Xiao'an Li.

Personally, I'm looking forward to the completed soundtrack more than anything. I never ended up finishing SBtS's actual game, but I listen to the soundtrack on a regular basis, and I suspect that's going to be the same case here. The game certainly looks interesting though, especially with those Kirby-inspired powerups. (What is it with Sonic fan-stuff and Kirby) Anyway, feel free to share your opinions!

• 3 months later...

Favorites? Well, I love the whole OST, obviously. If I had to pick an overall favorite zone in terms of music, it'd be Technology Tree; especially Acts 2 and 3. "SLAMMIN' JAMMIN' TO THE PUMPED-UP FUNK!" Great stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished the full version. It was... AMAZING! It was pretty fun. I liked all the environments offered. The music. Oh my gosh the music. The music this time around was pretty cool. Too bad they haven't released a downloadable version of the soundtrack yet. The game was sort of hard sort of easy. I would recommend this game to any Sonic fan. Good luck guys! 

Uh, I'm having a bit of an issue with the Soundtrack download...

Everytime I try to open it, Winrar is always giving me error messages. when I try to Move, Extract, or Play a file, it gives me an error message. Anyone else have this problem? I downloaded it twice and it still doesn't work. Is there a way to fix this?

I tested it out. Your old save file will indeed work with the new build of the game.

Uh, I'm having a bit of an issue with the Soundtrack download...

Everytime I try to open it, Winrar is always giving me error messages. when I try to Move, Extract, or Play a file, it gives me an error message. Anyone else have this problem? I downloaded it twice and it still doesn't work. Is there a way to fix this?

Could it possibly be Winrar? Try downloading 7-Zip.

Edit: Nevermind, found and completed both of them. Just got done with boss rush too. Now...I have the true ending and fake ending, but are there anymore endings or just those two? Debug Mode hasn't unlocked for me yet.

Edited by Lhancat