A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic United's First FAN GAME PARADE - 25th Novermber 2013

InfinityAlex

Hello, happy people! Welcome to Eggman's Interste---Hold on a moment...ah! Wrong script.

*shuffles notes*

Hello, there! I'm InfinityAlex. Some of you may have seen me around the site lately teasing something big for, initially, United's launch. However, due to a lack of prep time, we had to postpone to November, but none of that matters right now.

I'm happy to announce Sonic United's first fan game parade, starting on the 25th of November! You see, when Strong Gust and I started talking about planning something big for the launch and we want the site to have it's own thing going on, I came up with the idea of organising this (Yes, I have thunder to be stolen now, guys! I'm the organiser) event to attract people to the forum, as this community's pretty big on fan games. So, without further ado, I present you the roster for this event's first edition:

InfinityAlex & DaHog: Sonic Sigma 1 Act Demo

Dash the Koopa: Sonic Boost 2 Act Demo

Strong Gust: The Sonic Legend 1 Act demo

*SPECIAL GUESTS*

-------------------------

Nefault1st: Salom Adventure Demo (Amount unknown at this time.)

This is the roster as it currently stands. However, we are still accepting entries, so if you want to join, apply below, telling us your developer name, your game and the amount you'll be showing.

If you do want to join, here are the guidlines:

All entries must be sent to me by Sunday the 24th November 11pm GMT/6pm EST.

If you are planning a collaberation, then it goes without saying you must be using the same program, be it Game Maker or MMF2.

You must credit everyone involved in the game's making. This can be just in a forum post when I put out all the games (though hopefully we'll be able to have our own section of the site, please, Strong Gust  :D).

You must put a disclaimer in your game for legal reasons.

You are allowed to reuse music and sprites from other sources, but again, state that they are not your own.

I'll be sharing more details as we get closer to the date. Anyway, let me know what you think about all this! Unless you're going to send me hate mail, which should then be sent to my vice-organiser, DaHog.

Anyway, tune in next time for more on this event, same United-time, same United-channel (It's definitely 1966, Taz).

P.S.: We tried to get LakeFeperd in, but he's busy... :(

Edited by InfinityAlex
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, guys, but Jassbec has had to pull out.

I'm sorry to say this, but Sonic in Eveything will be put on hold until further advice, I'm dealing with plenty of stuff currently and I don't think I'll be able to finish it up in time, I'm sorry, I don't want to look like a guy that breaks his promises, believe me, I'm not like that. But yeah, it's likely I will not have a demo available for the fangame parade, I am truly sorry...please tell the guys in the parade chat and remove my name from the list. Sorry.

So, yeah...sorry for the lack of updates; I'm not able to contact mah bois due to Skype issues.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry once again guys, but you'll have to wait another day for the parade due to real life commitments. However, I can now confirm that the Salom Adventure demo is finished! Sonic Sigma's demo literally just needs a couple more things and no one even knows what we've got for The Sonic Legend. Dash says the Sonic Boost demo is "almost" done, so yeah; we've all met our deadlines. I'll announce the next parade soon but it'll be some time after SAGE, so there's more time for people to prepare stuff now!

Well, here we are. Sadly, several people had to drop out due to time constraints, but we have 2 demos. So, without further ado, I present you with first off:

Sonic Sigma

Blast through Never Lake in this short demo of one Act! There are several routes to find, see if you can get the fastest time! This game has been in development by InfinityAlex and DaHog for almost 2 months, with help from Hobbers, Andy Mayce and Can of Nothing. Now 3 more have joined the roster:

Faseeh - Musician

LiBiKYIM - Spriter

Mr PotatoBadger - Assisstant Programmer (He handles the more complex stuff)

We hope you enjoy this short demo, keep your eyes peeled for Sonic Sigma at SAGE 2014 Act 1!

Download: https://www.mediafire.com/?0bunn799po7c86u

And our other game is a revised version of Salom Adventure's latest demo, including special new features (which, sadly, I've not been able to see yet due to lack of time).

Nefault1st proudly presents the second demo of "Salom Adventure" a Sonic Fan-Game. A project that has been developed for over a year. Play as Sol Universe counterparts Salom the Hedgehog and Vermin the Hedgehog, or the official characters Sonic the Hedgehog and Shadow the Hedgehog. Fun for both Modern and Classic Era fans!

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/03v2cn1kiw96gcn/Salom%20Adventure%20Demo%202.0.5.zip

Well, I hope you enjoy Sonic United's first fan game parade. Hopefully the next one will be much more grand. Speaking of, the next parade will be some time around May next year, so there'll be plenty more time for you to make your demos. This forum'll be repurposed nearer the time. Details to come soon.

• Like 2