A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

What have you been reading lately?

MykonosFan

Disaster-Artist-poster.jpeg

Let's kick this off!

I've been reading The Disaster Artist, which is Greg Sestero's personal account of meeting the man, the legend, Tommy Wiseau,, best known for making the best film ever, The Room. It also details a lot of what happened while shooting the film, and basically helps to shed even more light on Tommy's notoriously secretive life, while simultaneously raising many more questions than were ever asked about him. Greg Sestero, by the way, played Mark, if you're not savvy with the actor's names.

It's hilarious. I find Wiseau to be an enigma and find him to be a very entertaining individual, so I can't recommend it to everyone, but if you've ever watched The Room and thought "Just...why?!" this book is for you. 

119276280_640.jpg

Anyway how is your book life?

• Like 1

I've been reading The Disaster Artist, which is Greg Sestero's personal account of meeting the man, the legend, Tommy Wiseau,, best known for making the best film ever, The Room. It also details a lot of what happened while shooting the film, and basically helps to shed even more light on Tommy's notoriously secretive life, while simultaneously raising many more questions than were ever asked about him. Greg Sestero, by the way, played Mark, if you're not savvy with the actor's names.

By best film ever, do you mean so bad, it's unbelievably hilariously good?

Well, what I'm currently reading.

9780349000091_p0_v1_s260x420.JPG

(This is the older edition. Mine is the newer one.)

I'm not too deep into political information and readings, but I'd be lying if I said Thomas Friedman wasn't an excellent writer. These two men not only introduce themselves, but also tell of their views on America and the world, how they grew up amist so much change, and how, bluntly, America got so fucked up. Mr. Friedman really has strong opinions on today's globalization and he tells us in this book what happened and how we could fix it.

Now just to get this off my chest, I commented on Yahoo once about Thomas Friedman's work. What comment did I see and happen to facepalm to?

"Who's Friedman? And the US is the only super power country."

*sigh* Yahoo news, the meeting ground of "'merica" riding dumbass morons everywhere...

Lately works of H.P. Lovecraft and related works. Cthulhu Mythos is very fascinating and it just baffles the mind how one man created a universe filled with evil deities that man can't begin to describe is far beyond me. Lovecraft might had been a douche but he made great stories and poems.

And I suppose if it counts, I've been reading the Jojo's Bizarre Adventure manga cause there's some details missed out here and there in the anime and Part 3 OVA obviously.