A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Water

I want to make water in my game how it is in megadrive games. I tried to use lens object but it reduces FPS dramatically. I also tried to use respective object but it doesnt work at all. I don't need any physics or something. I just need that visual effect but I can't make it. Please someone help me.

With perspective object

effect: sinewave

direction: vertical

orientation: right/top

----

zoom value:2

offset:0

sinewaves:4

code:

always--(perspective)set offset to timer

It doesn't work at all, but it's the better way in mmf2.

...it's something like this you want?

• Like 1

The lens object is only found using MMF.

@felik: The perspective object or whatever it's called does work, but just not very well. At this point I don't really know how to do that either. You could ask someone more experienced with MMF like damizean however.

I mean a visual effect when background is disturbed. Just like waves of water are always circularing or something like that.

I tried to make it like zenor said and it workes. The only thing I want to say that you should know if you want to use it too is

Question

This extension has a great purpose and seems running pretty smooth too

Since cant get the example file (file seems broken or damaged) I wonder if it can work also over scrolling games as over sub-applications, I've tried without effect (the object disappears).

Answer

Yes it should work fine in scrolling applications. You just need to make sure that the object stays inside the visible area all the time or the effect can mess up and not appear as it works.

A way to make it work: You can remove the tick in the 'follow frame' option and it will always stay in view for you. This makes it easier for you to keep it inside the frame and keep the effect working for you.

Rep point given to zenor. Thanks to everyone.

a) you can

B) actually you can avoid this. But not always. If you choose vertical perspective, you can easily move it by Y, but otherwise you can't move it by X. But if you choose horisontal perspective, you can move it by X, but you can't move it by Y. It's necessary to use vertical perspective for water without raping your game.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...