A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

World's Finest (Batman/Superman Movie finally happening!)

Abominal Taz

worlds-finest-superman-batman-feature.jp

Warner Bros. has confirmed the news. Director Zack Snyder commented on the the film saying, “I’m so excited to begin working again with Henry Cavill in the world we created, and I can’t wait to expand the DC Universe in this next chapter. Let’s face it, it’s beyond mythological to have Superman and our new Batman facing off, since they are the greatest Super Heroes in the world.”

The film will reportedly be called World’s Finest, and some footage was shown which ended with the official logo.

Earlier this month, Christian Bale himself said that he would not be reprising his role as Bruce Wayne, as he had a very close relationship with director Chris Nolan and said that he would not be interested in playing Batman in a Justice League film. Now, this crossover isn’t a Justice League film, but it sadly remains true that Bale will not be donning the cowl again.

After Man of Steel pulled in $620 million earlier this year, it was also announced that director Zack Snyder and writer David S. Goyer would be focusing on a Man of Steel sequel. This crossover film is most likely what’s next.

That's right folks! The movie they canned, and now, it's coming back in full force! I'm not much of a DC man, but after seeing Man of Steel, I have quite the hopes for this movie. Too bad Bale isn't gonna be the Dark Knight though...

• Like 1

I'd like to see how this turns out first before viewing it. From what I'm getting here, this is an entirely new Batman/ instant sequel to Man of Steel that's being pushed out for Justice League. More evidence of that is that Flash got announced at the same time. Yeah, I'm gonna pace this one.

• 2 weeks later...

I think it makes sense. Man of Steel set the tone for the DC movie universe. Everyone knows who Batman is thanks to the recent trilogy so they don't need to revisit the origin in a new film. Throwing him in with Superman means you don't have the "baggage" of an origin so you can get right into the meat of the relationship between the two characters, which is a big part of what makes the JLA tick.

I'm not a Superman fan at all but I really enjoyed Man of Steel. I'm looking forward to seeing how this one pans out.

• 4 weeks later...

That's right folks! The movie they canned, and now, it's coming back in full force! I'm not much of a DC man, but after seeing Man of Steel, I have quite the hopes for this movie. Too bad Bale isn't gonna be the Dark Knight though...

Ben Afleck has been announced as our new Batman. Hopes retracted....