A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Pokemon thread

Lhancat

Malamar is one of my favorite pokemon.

Besides the fact that it looks like it came from Cthulhu Mythos, its quite the interesting pokemon. It uses Attack over Sp.Attack and has the fabled contrary which previously was on shitty ass Spinda and Shuckle and Serviper never got it in Gen 5 for some reason. And as mentioned it gets Superpower. ITS A FUKING TANK!

Also if you feel like trolling Aegislash, Topsy Turvy for that shit. King's Shield doesn't block Status.

Since I don't actually have the game yet but playing shit on Showdown and while looking at its stats and movepool and it works like a fast sweeper. It has good coverage but as of now until it gets Flying Gem it doesn't have good Flying STAB.

I think its a fantastic pokemon. Great late game sweeper and can perform various sweeping roles. It may not be as good as like Greninja or Aegislash but once it gets Flying Gem with Unburden, it will be a monster that people should look out for.

• 1 month later...

Celebii is ok.

For a legendary its ok. Its not that great as it has 7 weakness, some of them are pretty common and it has average base stats across the board thanks to a power creep. And while it can do a number of roles, it lacks versatility compared to Mew. It does have a couple of things going for it but its nearly outclassed in every role it does.

So yeah its probably gonna stay in the PC box.

So I think I'm just about done with this game. I don't really have the motivation for it anymore...I'm sick of shiny breeding already, 2 and a half boxes and no results. I've been going to the Battle Chateau every now and then to raise my rank, but I'm still too high levelled. I send Writs and the trainers I face are still too low levelled. Plus there's nothing to do after the post game stuff anyway...Sigh, well I'll be playing Animal Crossing in the mean time while I wait 2 years for Pokemon Z.

What about the competitive scene? I'm still getting a kick out of battling other players online. Never know what to expect unless their teams consist of ubers and legendarys.

Generally I'd assume those who use things in Ubers are noobs. There's some legendary pokemon that are in OU and in lower tiers but those are generally are the trios and extra legendaries (eg.Mew). A power creep did came around and there was a lot more stronger pokemon that made them seem weaker. Not only that but some regular pokemon made the jump to ubers, Blaziken, Garchomp, and Excadrill to name a few.

TL:DR: Ubers is filled with banned stuff and noobs don't know what the hell tiers are even there for.

I finally got my hands on a Mudkip. Does anyone know if Mudkip and Treecko have mega evolutions too?

Not to my knowledge.

Edited by Crow the BOOLET

Well here's what Smogon said about it.

Mega Kangaskhan, with an effective 213 base attack thanks to Parental Bond, is too powerful for even the bulkiest of OU physical walls. Damage calculations are listed in the thread.

Mega Kangaskhan is nearly impossible to revenge kill outside of fast and powerful Fighting-types. Other Pokemon who outspeed are either OHKOed by a +2 Sucker Punch or too weak to break through its 105/100/100 defenses.

Mega Kangaskhan severely limits teambuilding by forcing teams to run multiple obscure counters and checks.

Its on their front page.

And here's the thread that has more details about it.

Edited by Crow the BOOLET