A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic 1 & 2 Remastered (Sonic 2 released)

Own two million ports of Sonic 1? One more couldn't hurt then. Quote from TSS:

SEGA has announced at GDC 2013 that the classic Mega Drive title that kickstarted their mascot’s career Sonic the Hedgehog will be released for iOS and Android in April. The game will cost $2.99, run at 60FPS and will include a new time attack mode, widescreen support and a completely remastered soundtrack. Android Police reports that Sonic the Hedgehog 2 is also planned for release on Android too, but SEGA didn’t give any details.

Christian Whitehead, who made the recent Sonic CD port, made this tweet to a follower on March 23rd. (Thanks, TimmiT)

Those feels, I’m preparing a build for GDC and I won’t even be there.

Could he be behind this port?

Hit the jump to check out some screenshots of Sonic the Hedgehog on Android.

Sonic-1-Android-1-1024x576.png

Sonic-1-Android-4-1024x576.png

I couldn't be happier. Well, maybe I could if we got a sample of the remastered soundtrack. Also as every staff member at Retro seems to be quoting:

Even though this is Sonic 1 and Sonic 2 all over again, I strongly urge everyone to support this release.

Just trust me on this one.

From Gene. Don't know what his insight is but I'm trusting that it's something very good, whether it be S3&K Taxman or something potentially even more grand.

• Like 3

Saw this on SSMB, yes it looks great.

Christian Whitehead did an amazing job with the Sonic CD reboot. However I still prefer the original, but don't get me wrong I played that game constantly on my Android Phone.

Now I'm super happy I can add more to the collection! So excited!

S3&K would be PRIMA! I can't wait! It'd be childhood christmas!

Thanks for the report Mykonos!

• Like 1

WHY DOES EVERYTHING HAVE TO BE ON PHONES? I HATE PHONES! :angry:

The engine behind the game can easily port to other devices much like with CD 2011, I'd say these are just being announced for mobile first with console announcements coming soon if not later. Don't worry, we're in the same boat.

BlueProdOG, I'm hoping for S3&K too. Taxman versions of all the main classic games would be beyond fantastic and more than likely the ultimate way to experience them. 

There's 2 things I want, an HD remake for Xbox/PS3/Wii/Next Gen Consoles(NOT as in 3D, same thing with nice and cleaner graphics), or a port for the original on iPod or any touch screen related.
But they did make WAY TOO MANY S1 ports. It might as well be SMB of many cartridges.
But I play S1 just to pass the time DaHog.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well I think it's cool to see that these two games will be getting the Taxman (and now Stealth) treatment, however I won't be able to purchase the games seeing how my gf's mother is actually paying our phone bill. Perhaps if I talk to her and give her the money then she'll let me buy it who knows? :V

• 2 weeks later...