A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

How Long Should We Expect Someting To Stay Canon?

Thinking back over the direction they took with Tails in Forces vs the character development from Adventure as dissapointing as the regression is can we really expect the series to stick to decades old events, things where the original people that played it will be at least in their early 20's by now. I know the series has some good fan retention but the target audience must have cycled through two or three times in that time frame.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, the one thing that I particularly think brings problems to the forefront in Sonic canon is that through the different series, there hasn't been a discussion about multiverse Sonics. Sure, we have "Classic" and "Modern" Sonic that meet up and have an adventure or two but really, does this mean that Classic Sonic will eventually grow up and become Modern Sonic or will they remain parallels to the same character? 

I think that Rabid-Coot made a wonderful point about the target demographic being changed up, as Tails is clearly more of a youngster than he should be and this would offset many of us who grew up with these games.