A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic at SXSW March 16th.

Rabid-Coot

Sonic is back, and ready to take 2018 by storm. Join the official team from SEGA who are building Sonic’s future as they give you an update on last year’s strong performance of Sonic Mania and Sonic Forces, as well as the world-exclusive first look at what comes next for the fastest blue hedgehog. Speakers include Sonic Team head Takashi Iizuka, Sonic PD Director Austin Keys, Sonic Mania Animation Director Tyson Hesse, and Sonic Social Media Manager Aaron Webber. You won’t want to miss this!

https://schedule.sxsw.com/2018/events/PP99104

Sounds like we could potentially be seeing the next game already.

I honestly predict that they'll be no more Modern Sonic games, or at least, that they'll be a lot different from now on. I know this is Sonic Team we're talking about, but I find it a bit odd that the IDW comic is continuing on from Forces. Sure, they could release future games that tie in with the comic, but I don't know if they'll do that.

As for Mania DLC, as cool as that would be, they said they wouldn't do that. Project Plus could very well be official mod support or a sign for no more Denuvo which, in my opinion, is almost as good as DLC. Personally, I'm also hoping for a Mania 2. A new 3D game would be nice as well, and who knows, my predictions could be completely wrong here (they are a bit far-fetched).