A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Animaniacs Revived For 2 Seasons.

Rabid-Coot

Helloooooooooooo nurse.

Twenty years after it wrapped its run on The WB Network, Hulu, Warner Bros. Animation and Amblin Television are reviving Peabody Award-winning animated comedy Animaniacs with a two-season, straight-to-series order at Hulu.

Under the deal, the streamer has also landed the library rights to Animaniacs, Pinky and the Brain, the subsequent Pinky, Elmyra and the Brain and the complete Tiny Toon Adventures collection. Those episodes are available to stream now, with the new Animaniacs set to begin rolling out in 2020 in what Hulu is billing as its first original series made specifically for families.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/animaniacs-revived-at-hulu-2-season-order-1071663

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

The reboot hasn't asked for any of the original writers back, which seems like a really grotesque snub and a disregard for actually bringing back Animaniacs as opposed to just making a different show called Animaniacs with the same characters and pushing it as a return.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

It's over a year later and I don't think so. Although part of that might be production plans being moved back due to the whole world ending thing. If it was supposed to roll out this year, we would have heard something.

EDIT: Oh wait it's coming November 20th. I should have looked this up first.

I'm really skeptical about this because nobody's saying anything about who's writing it and as far as I know they've never asked back any of the original writing staff. Having all the original cast isn't going to mean much if the writing isn't good.

Edited by KyoSo