Indie Pogo   1 member has voted

1. 1. Are you at all interested in this game?

• Yes
    • No
    • Indifferent

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 posts in this topic

So, I've known about this game for a while, and man am I excited for it! I've talked with one of the Indie Pogo developers quite a bit, and he seems like a really nice guy as well.

What is Indie Pogo, you may ask? Well, it's a 2D indie-crossover fighting game with an auto-jump mechanic. Yes, this means you're constantly jumping, which reminds me a lot of certain mobile games. From what I hear, Indie Pogo actually started out as a mobile game, before becoming a game for PC/consoles. They also had a Kickstarter, which was successful enough to reach one of their stretch goals. It is planned to be released in early 2018.

There are both characters you may recognize, and some you may not know of, which is common for commercial indie crossover games.

Here's some videos:

And here's the developers' Twitter:

https://twitter.com/LoweBros

Of course, this game isn't for everyone. I know some people dislike the auto-jump mechanic, or that Zorbie character (some people find him disturbing, others find him hilarious, I personally find him weird, but cool). Still, it would be nice to hear everyone's thoughts on this!

Honestly thought the Kickstarter was on route to failure but its amazing what 1 vid in the right place can do.

1 person likes this

I think the goal got reached because someone donated a crazy amount of money ($5000 to $10000, I believe), but the videos certainly did help get the word out. I've been supporting them pretty actively, partially due to my negative experience with Indie Game Battle and its developers (which I won't get into, as this is not a topic for IGB). The main developer for Indie Pogo seems pretty nice though, and I personally really like how the game is looking.

Sure there's the auto-jump, but I actually like that they aren't simply cloning Smash Bros, and even added some parkour elements (check the last video I listed) in response to the auto-jump complaints. They even tried a toggle for switching the auto-jump off completely like some people wanted, but it didn't work too well so they probably won't add it.

Also worth noting I've talked to Trevor (the main dev) about including a cameo from the game I'm making. He was pretty impressed with my game, but felt it was a bit too early. But hey, it could happen someday.

Edited by Starturbo