13 posts in this topic

Looks like it's about to land on the pile of things that give the series a bad reputation.

i want to like this game but i can't.

Maybe if they make another sonic game they'll stop recycling stuff

Why does the goddamn demo time you out after 60 seconds fffffffffffffffff

I don't think a demo for Sonic Forces will be released in the US or UK.

It's really easy to make a JP PSN account and get it, though. Demo even supports multiple languages and will adapt to your system language. I got EN voice acting, even.

SPOILERS BELOW, NOT THAT YOU SHOULD CARE:

Lord, the cutscenes. That was an incredibly bland and tonally inconsistent story, and Infinite is the most generic villain I could imagine. Oh boy, a low voice speaking about "fear" and "darkness". That's an interesting characterization if I ever saw one.

Covering the six months over which Eggman takes over the world with nothing more than a quick couple captions? I mean why even bother starting pre-take-over if you're going to be that goddamn lazy with your story-telling and just brush over it with barely a thought?

Wait, Sonic was tortured for SIX MONTHS?! Then why the fuck does he seem totally normal and happy when we see him in prison? Good thing it was all off screen so we can just ignore it as soon as we're done talking about it. He's right back to making bad one-liners after six straight months of unimaginable horror.

The Phantom Ruby's powers and nature are ill-defined. It's almost as if they just needed an excuse to bring back old villains and that was the slapdash idea they settled on to justify it.

And what the fuck was up with Tails? They turned him into a useless little Sonic-obsessed pussy. Is this just what Tails is now in the series? I mean Amy's actually focused on the mission, and Tails can't go five seconds without talking about Sonic. Have their roles been reversed? I swear to God he tries to kiss Classic Sonic at the end.

GOD IT WAS ALL SO STUPID AND BLAND. Somebody write up a more detailed and coherent essay about what's wrong with it, because I was done with Forces before it even came out. This just clinches it.

Just let Taxman and His Orchestra make more 2D goodness and forget the depressing farce that is 3D Sonic.

Edited by KyoSo

I wonder what the conversations are like at Sega when this is happening. How early do they know they have another substandard game? Looking back they did seem reluctant to release footage which could initially be written off as wanting to give Mania the spotlight but now seems to be an attempt to hide as much as possible.

I am incredibly angry right now. I picked this game up for the Switch after work and now I can't even play the damn thing. I played two levels then exited the game to download the preorder bonus avatar items. Now when I try to start the game again I get a message telling me a software update is required but clicking download just keeps bringing the same message up again and again. Ive tried restarting and completly shutting down the Switch but it keeps happening again and again. I don't know if I should be pissed at Sega or Nintendo but I am pissed about this, it's ridiculous. I even go and click on the information for the game and it says I'm using the latest software so what is going on?

There is a day one patch for some stuff, don't know if thats actually out on switch yet. It could be something dumb like you have content unlocked that the game doesn't support yet.

Edited by Rabid-Coot

Someone on Gamefaqs said it was because the game and the update isn't available on the Nintendo Shop yet. Hopefully it will be when I get home later tonight.

So I've played through about 7 stages so far. They've all been pretty short so far, about 2 minutes to complete. I hope they get longer. The controlls seem kind of off to me, during the first boss I had problems doing the homimg attack. Also classic Sonic seems kind of heavy to Me. Gameplay doesn't seem as good as it was in Generations.

Update: Up to stage 21, levels don't seem to be getting any longer. I also feel as though I ended up having to play as the avatar way more then either Sonic which is disappointing. This games alright but it's not even close to being as good as Generations or Colors was. 

Levels are pretty linear and there's not a lot if branching paths, Moderen levels are more 2D than 3D. Again I think the games alright and I can see why they made it only 40 bucks at launch. It could be way better.

Edited by Shaun Shikeishuu