A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Copy Kitty

S0LV0

tumblr_mxh6kswuRt1qm35zqo1_500.png
Copy Kitty is a mission-based action platformer developed by Entanma Project, which is comprised of Azure Lazuline and Raibys. Their description is as follows:

Boki has a special power like none other: being able to perfectly copy the abilities of anything she fights! But not content with mere mimicry, Boki can also mix and combine up to 3 abilities at once to form completely unique ones! She wants to be a hero one day, but doesn't think she's cut out for the job. To help hone her skills, Boki's insectoid uncle sends her into a virtual reality to do battle with hordes of dastardly robots!

The gameplay harkens back to classics such as Gunstar Heroes, Kirby 64, various Mega Man titles, and more. The main Mission Mode pits you against single-room challenges that rack up in difficulty as you explore the different worlds. In contrast, Endless Mode has you fighting endless waves of enemies, with plenty of boss encounters and changing terrain.

The game can be both purchased and demoed here. Alternatively, you can buy the game in a cheaper bundle for a very limited time here.

IMPORTANT! Copy Kitty is still in Steam Greenlight limbo, so if you like what you see/play, please support the game by giving it a vote here. Remember, if you buy the game via the site or bundle, you'll be able to get a free Steam key once the game is Greenlit!
  • Like 5

Sure, I'll give that an upvote.

I'll admit, when I saw the first image posted I wasn't expecting a lot, but the game in action actually looks quite visually impressive. Not sure how it stands up from a gameplay perspective, so I guess I'll have to give a shot sooner or later. I'll try the demo first.

EDIT: There's a lot of good in this game, but there's a lot to dislike too. Movement in particular feels incredibly awkward and there is frequently just too much crap going on at a time and the levels (both prearranged and randomly generated of the ones I've played so far) aren't at all accommodating when it comes to trying to maneuver freely. The weapon combinations are certainly interesting to explore though. I might pick up the full version later.

• Like 2