A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Christmas stuff

fahyda

Since my family doesn't have a lot of money, we don't really do anything. Although, somehow, we always make the holiday work. Maybe that's Christmas Magic or whatever, but I always have a good time in Christmas, money or not. If my parents work on that day (Which usually happens, unfortunately), I would go to someone's house and spend time with friends.

On the off chance that we do get money, my family doesn't do things traditionally like most families do it. What we do is always go shopping on the week of Christmas, and not waste our time with Black Friday. When we have our presents, we would wrap them the day before Christmas Eve. On Christmas Eve, usually my cousins and aunts and uncles (Which happen to also be my best friends) would come over and hang out. We don't sleep in Christmas Eve, as we would stay up all night. When we were young, my cousins and I thought that because we would stay up all night, we would stay awake long enough for Santa to leave additional presents on our trees. Now, we would stay up because me and my family would go to Midnight Mass at our local church. After an hour and a half of it, we would be home, and Christmas Day would be here. When we return from Midnight Mass, that is when we would open the presents.

Christmas time is usually a time of relaxation and enjoyment (Not to mention all the merriment and Christmas Hype, ehh?). I learned long ago that Christmas isn't about the presents, but how you choose to spend Christmas with. I always have a good time with Christmas, and I wish to keep it that way for the rest of my life. :D

I wanted to make a winter-themed demo level for my game but I learned how bad I am at level design.  I've got something in the works, but sadly it won't have anything to do with the season.  It was the only thing I could get a really good idea of how to develop.  It is a learning experience though, and I think I'll be able to develop the next one much easier.

Apart from that, I'm still trying to think of something special to give my girlfriend for Christmas.  It'll be our first one together, so I want to think of something nice.

• 2 weeks later...