A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Introducing Sonic Overdrive

BlueHero200

Ladies and Gentlemen, Introducing Sonic Overdrive! A Genesis-styled game with a LOT of custom material! Play as Sonic, Tails and Knuckles through a journey through beta stages and new ones to stop Robotnik using the Boom Wave! A wave that sends Sonic and friends into awful years of bad games! This game is powered by TruePowerofTeamwork's SONIC MAX. Remixed soundtracks from many different games. Also featuring a hub world and many more! No leaked screenshots yet til' SAGE 2015.

I'm using:

post-6786-0-90066100-1418516669_thumb.gi

So Far:

post-6786-0-39868800-1418516676_thumb.gi

post-6786-0-27415400-1418509209_thumb.gi

Edited by BlueHero200

Ladies and Gentlemen, Introducing Sonic Overdrive! A Genesis-styled game with a LOT of custom material! Play as Sonic, Tails and Knuckles through a journey to stop Robotnik using the Eclipse Wave! A wave that sends planets all to the black hole! This game is powered by MalcomX's Super Ring Engine (which is HEAVILY modified). Remixed soundtracks from many different games. Also featuring a hub world and many more! No leaked screenshots yet til' SAGE 2015.

cool, great, good, wonderful Sonic Overture 2 XD

• Like 1

that sounds like a cool idea but can I at least see something of the game b4 being asked to help make something like this? I am thinking that I might make my own fan game but I will ask for help when I have something to show, so that I at least get a bit more support on this.

• Like 1

that sounds like a cool idea but can I at least see something of the game b4 being asked to help make something like this? I am thinking that I might make my own fan game but I will ask for help when I have something to show, so that I at least get a bit more support on this.

sorry i have trouble getting screenshots

that sounds like a cool idea but can I at least see something of the game b4 being asked to help make something like this? I am thinking that I might make my own fan game but I will ask for help when I have something to show, so that I at least get a bit more support on this

Screenshot is at the top. YES! YOU ARE GOING TO HELP OUT ON SONIC OVERDRIVE(overture 2)!

I'm sorry Mr Lange about my last post, i was in a bad mood from school.

Did you even check the link I posted? Hell did you even read my post?

IT IS!

Screenshot is at the top. YES! YOU ARE GOING TO HELP OUT ON SONIC OVERDRIVE(overture 2)!

...Dude, I'm just getting pissed now.

Hey wait. . Sonic Overture 2. . would just be Sonic 1 >.>

Sonic Overture is supposed to be a prequel to Sonic one, so that makes absolutely no sense to invent a new "sequel" to the prequel >.>

So. . What exactly is this trying to accomplish?

Honestly, I'm a little ticked that someone is trying to do this at all, considering we haven't even released anything out side of 3 acts of the first level and a boss-fight. There's not really a whole lot to "expand upon" aside from Sunrise Gate, the boss, and the rabbit character yet. .

It seems to me like this is just taking our entire concept and re-applying it to something else.

Not cool. :/

Edited by ☆PicsAndPixels
  • Like 3

what if 

Sonic Overture is supposed to be a prequel to Sonic one, so that makes absolutely no sense to invent a new "sequel" to the prequel >.>

What if this was a prequel sequel. if you don't know what I mean by watch this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1kw1RmzrPc&list=UUo_IB5145EVNcf8hw1Kku7w

You know I did this before. Now I see why people didn't like it. You gotta give us more than a description and a list of what you need. Have some work to show us or something. That's literally just the base engine with new Sonic sprites. Not trying to come off mean and I barely have room to talk but this really isn't anything special to look at. This will get lots flack.

what if 

What if this was a prequel sequel. if you don't know what I mean by watch this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1kw1RmzrPc&list=UUo_IB5145EVNcf8hw1Kku7w

. . . . Uhh, like Overture _before_ Overture?

Somehow that's an even worse idea >.<

And did you forget about Tails and Knuckles being included in this "Sonic Overdrive" thing?

Sonic met Tails a couple years down the road, maybe a year or less in Sonic 2, and then Knuckles right after Sonic 2

This makes no goddamn sense. .

Edited by ☆PicsAndPixels

So. . What exactly is this trying to accomplish?

Honestly, I'm a little ticked that someone is trying to do this at all, considering we haven't even released anything out side of 3 acts of the first level and a boss-fight. There's not really a whole lot to "expand upon" aside from Sunrise Gate, the boss, and the rabbit character yet. .

It seems to me like this is just taking our entire concept and re-applying it to something else.

Not cool. :/

I get dizzy :DeskBang: :squestion:

Okay, nothing is being done and what needs to be said isn't being said.

1. You need more than a description for a project thread. You especially should not be requesting help when that's all you have.

2. Pictures of the test level of the engine you're using are not screenshots of your game. Screenshots should show something that uniquely identifies and demonstrates your project, such as a work in progress level or even concept art at the least.

3. With the above, you clarify what skills you have and what skills you need to help with your project. The skills you have should reasonably cover a significant part of your project. Having little to nothing to offer just makes you an ideas guy, something Solvo told you in the last thread you made.

4. You do NOT go around claiming you're making a sequel to someone else's fangame. We're not thrilled that you're excitedly declaring your game as Overture 2, especially considering our game is not finished and given the way you described your game it doesn't even make sense as Overture anything. You never asked us and you never got our permission to do that. What you're doing is very disrespectful.

Edited by Mr Lange
  • Like 4