A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Collecting items and having them destroyed.

PATCHMAN

Hey guys.
I've been searching for examples or tutorials about this for the past few days, and I can't anything that makes sense to me.
In mmf2, I want to be able to have my character collect golden stars throughout the levels, and I don't want them to appear again.
There's roughly 64 of them throughout the whole game.
Do I need to make each on of them their own active object, cause that seems ridiculously lame and time consuming.
Also is there a way to make it where if the player collects them out of order and replays the level, the ones that he/she collect won't be there?
Any examples, tutorials, or just a point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.
-Jay

A point in the right direction:

Make the star the same object, but make the first alterable value called ID

At the start of the frame, spread the alterable value ID

Every time one is collected, add to the total of stars you collected (which would be a global value), remove that specific ID from the level forever, and save that you collected said ID to an ini file or something.

So, using the saved data from an ini file, at the start of the frame, destroy all of the stars that match a saved ID

• Like 1

A point in the right direction:

Make the star the same object, but make the first alterable value called ID

At the start of the frame, spread the alterable value ID

Every time one is collected, add to the total of stars you collected (which would be a global value), remove that specific ID from the level forever, and save that you collected said ID to an ini file or something.

So, using the saved data from an ini file, at the start of the frame, destroy all of the stars that match a saved ID

How do you remove that specific ID from the level?