A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Five Nights at Freddy's Discussion Thread

ZigZaX

Considering the new five nights at freddy's 2 trailer came out, i thought it was a good idea to start a discussion to see what people in this forrum think of this game, overrated boring piece of shit, or extremely clever horror game?

In my opinion, i love it for the $5 dollars that it's worth, its also pretty much the most enjoyable horror game ive played in years, with so much to speculate on and think about, i think its a great mixture of horror and strategy, and im really looking forward to the new game, the trailer has me hyped. But hey thats my opinion.

what's you guy's opinion on this new Game and its upcoming sequel?

Edit:(trailer to game and its sequel sequel seen bellow:)

Edited by ZigZaX
  • Like 4

Seems a little soon to be making a second one, don't ya think? I mean, I understand capitalizing on hype and everything, but the first hasn't even been out a full six months.
...that being said, I never pass up on a chance to plug myself here. :V

Edited by Neo Hazard

I. Love. This. Game.

Alot of horror games recently have been either not scary enough or just a guided scare tour without any real gameplay.

Five Nights does horror perfectly by putting fear and gameplay on an equal level. There's actually STRATEGY to how you play, and it drums up the fear even more by creating a genuine sense of control and urgency.

Not to mention how they use the jump scares. Many people say that jump scares are cheap, and on many fronts, I would agree, but this game uses them only when you fail, something that YOU are responsible for, not just because the game felt like one should be there. (Though, to be fair, they are used a bit more often later on, but they are kept more subtle.)

It's a bit short (it can take anywhere from 8 hours to 45 minutes to complete), but really, it's worth your $5. Hell, even if you only play the DEMO, it's an awesome experience.

And I'm SO pumped for that 2nd one...

You also cant neglect to mention the huge amount of speculatory material and info thats just barely enough to allow you to reach your own conclusions to what the story really is, its really good at making you think.

THeres dozzens of theories to what really happened and is happening, takes a lot of effort to make that work.

Edited by ZigZaX

• 2 weeks later...

Been awhile since the last post here, but guess what; a new screenshot was released, and the game has a christmas release date. And theres also the Huge increase in NOPE-ness.

fnaf2.jpg

Spoilers: Increase the brightness to maximum and contrast to near maximum. Maximum nope.

Hahahahaha "lake's granpa" good one, anyway i really loved the first one i mean was the first time i feel so alone and insecure in a game, since System Shock 2 which is my favorite game many horror games came by but none of them had this...creepiness level that FnF has, i mean yeah the jumpscares are cheap, yes they are pre-rendered not real 3D models, but i think that makes more for the scare factor, because it has this old-school horror game with PSX aspect all over it, i mean if this were a PSX game it could be awesome.

Yes many people complain about the game being cheap with the scares and not having this HD-4D-Ultrarealistic-Unreal-Engine-5000-aspect but come on, this is alot better than just having a super-beast game just to be scared, if you want quality go play Outlast or The Evil Within, but this is creepy as hell as it is, there is no need for AAA-quality.

I will see if i buy the second one, im going to see some more vids and maybe this week or the other one i will buy it, man i mean its a Indie-horror game and its has this huuuuuge fan base that its almost equal to the Resident Evil one (almost) and its about 4 creepy-looking animatronics not an evil corporation with zombies XDDD and still are cool enough.

So, lets start a discussion... theories.

Is it really a prequel or not. Me and my sister were having a debate about this earlier and I personally believe it is a prequel... It foreshadows Phone Guys death, the cheque is dated 1987 and finally, it explains why there are only 4 (5 inc gf) in the 1st game.

Edited by Spykid

You might wanna put that in a spoiler box, game is not even a week old. 

Its pretty much confirmed. pre-bite1987, phone guy is alive, new animatronics get scrapped and states the restaurant will be revived with a smaller budget, and with the entire animatronics are hostile to staff, its safe to believe the night guard was the victim of the bite. Theres no real room for argument.

my sisters argument was what if the 6th night is not really cannon, in which case you miss a lot of information and stuff regarding fnaf 1 and how that all started. And finally (this one is a bit odd) but what if this isnt really fnaf 2, but a prequel that just happens to be called fnaf 2. Could the real second part of the first game actually come out in 2015 as promised? Just a though on my side.

then she is really being stubborn. Even if you skip out on night 6, the paycheck at night 5 still states 1987, and the phone guy still mentions many interesting bits of trivia. Theres also the fact that when the pizzaria was being renovated, it was first called the "fazbear family diner", not freddy fazbears pizzeria like it is in the seccond and first games. And there is absoluetely no reason to release /two/ fnaf 2's, and this is most likely the last one as well. 

I recently finished up to night 4 of FN@F2. Have to say, it was kinda disappointing. Don't get me wrong, it's a great game, I just don't think it was worth all of the hype.

Winding the music box is always very tedious. Not to mention the fact that the game doesn't really give you any instructions on how to deal with each animatronic. And when you pull down your camera, most likely either old bonnie or chica will be right in front of you, and the window of time you have to pull out your mask is too short. The sudden appearance would most likely catch you off guard, and 80% of the time you will die.

This could be a nitpick, but I dislike how the only cameras you only actually need to use are the two vents and the prize corner.

Edited by Sir Spacebar

They gave you that Freddy Fazbear mask for a reason.

As for theories:

I'm still not totally settled on any particular idea yet, but I do sympathize with the animatronics after seeing things from their perspective.  All they wanted was to make the kids happy, but they were killed.  I kind of wonder what exactly the puppet was doing by "giving gifts" and "giving life".  It seems to me like he may have been the one to stuff the kids inside the suits, because that's all he really understood about life with his limited AI.  He did show up in Freddy's face in the middle of the night after Chica and Bonnie looked all creepy-like.

I've heard one interesting thought that the purple guy in the minigames could be how the animatronics view people in uniform.  Since it was a purple person who killed the kids, that's who they're after now.

• 3 weeks later...