A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Feedback & Bug Findings

Stritix

Post feedback and bug findings regarding the main site and forums in this topic.

Perhaps you'd like to tell us how we could improve a certain area of the site? Do you have a complaint over a news post on the main site? Or have you come across a bug? Whatever the case, this is where to post your feedback and bug findings.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the late response. We are looking into it.

The problem with game/roleplaying sections is that they often become rather spammy. Although I think it could be a great addition with a solid set of rules.

We will update this thread once a decision has been made. Thanks for the suggestion.

• 2 weeks later...

I think that letting members get awards like SSMB is a good idea. When they participate or do something noteworthy, they get an award! It would be a good way to boost activity on here. I also propose giving different members different titles, like Retro or even SSMB to a degree. Like if somebody has made a fangame and showed it on here, they would get a new member title! I have more ideas, but I'll post later.  

• Like 1

An awards system would be nice, but Invision Power doesn't support it. There's no official addon. 3rd party plugins break with each major IP. Board update. They eventually become unsupported, damaging the system.

As for member titles; once a member reaches 50 posts, they can freely change their title to what they wish. Although perhaps you mean member group titles? If so, then there's a few plans for more user groups for specific Sonic Redux based projects.

Regardless, thanks for the suggestions.

Edit: A forum games section has now been added.

Edited by Stritix

• 4 weeks later...

And also, shouldn't we have a ruleset about status updates? Lately it's been rather spammy in there. Everyday I wake up and come on here and there's 17+ notifications saying "*insert name here* has posted a status update" that were not there when I logged off the day before.

The status updates share the same general guidelines as the rest of the message board. The status updates are there for users to quickly share what's on their mind. It can be used as frequently as wanted.

If you are receiving a lot of notifications from the status updates, then you must have changed your notification settings in your profile area; as by default users don't receive notifications for newly posted status updates.

Simply go to your profile settings, then hit notification options to reconfigure them :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I think you should make a YouTube channel to promote the site and also to report on all the latest news in video format.

Thanks for the sugestions :)

A Youtube channel has been set up. It'll be used for game playthroughs and site-related matters. Video news reports could work as well. Great ideas.

• 6 months later...

So I've noticed when hovering on a user's post block, then unhovering, the signature wobbles for a second if it's an image. So far I've only noticed this in the SFGHQ Style. IP board standard (and obv mobile) don't seem to do this. I don't know maybe it's my frame of view. Tested it out on Snowhog's sig. Not the zoom...maybe it's chrome being chrome.

Edited by lone8643

So I've noticed when hovering on a user's post block, then unhovering, the signature wobbles for a second if it's an image. So far I've only noticed this in the SFGHQ Style. IP board standard (and obv mobile) don't seem to do this. I don't know maybe it's my frame of view. Tested it out on Snowhog's sig. Not the zoom...maybe it's chrome being chrome.

I can confirm this. It seems to be related to the unhover transition, I'll check up the CSS... I might've broken something there. Thanks for the info|

EDIT: Also, I think it only happens to images that are centered. If they're left unaligned, nothing happens. (I suppose because there's no more space at the left to move to... so it might also happen with right-aligned images).

I think I know the cause now - I'll push out the fixes along with my next edits later tonight.

• 3 weeks later...

Now we had TwilightZoney's port posted to the front page.

This really bugs me. 

This is SFGHQ/United. A fangame centered site. And we're posting a community work unrelated to that on the front page when it's just a WIP.

(strong gust did you do it just cos sweet mountain lol)

Don't get me wrong, I like Zoney and his works, I'm pretty eager too but this doesn't seem to stick right with me.

Instead something like Wednesday Works or Showcase Saturday could work! This would allow people to send in their works and random unrelated to be posted without being too odd. 

So yeah, a suggestion! Thanks for reading!

• Like 1

Merged your thread with the feedback thread.

Sonic United has always intended on being a multi-purpose site; covering fan games, modifications, hacks, art, music, as well as Sonic & SEGA news. Not only catering to fan games. We'll be branching out more on this overtime. A one day per week showcase was considered, but with the site's bigger emphasis on fan work it's a little too restrictive.

Not really. One of the biggest modders in the community announcing a new project is news-worthy to me.

This is something the site has always planned on branching into. When I logged into Youtube and saw the video in my subscription box, I couldn't think of a better time to. We covered the Metal Sonic Hyperdrive hack the other month as well. Alternatively you can use the tags widget at the bottom of the main site to view news only relating to Sonic and fan gaming.

If the writers of the site find an interesting thing to share, I think it's fine to post about it. For example, Shaq Fu 2 was just announced... And that is a pretty unusual thing, so it's worth mentioning. The fact that the site is Sonic United (+ SFGHQ) doesn't mean it has to cover only things that fully satisfy a set of specific criteria. Obviously there's a limit, though: Posting a news article about things like Bitcoin or football (i.e. soccer) would seem kinda off.

As long as articles are about sharing things with potential interest, and not just intentionally bait-ridden provocative drama posts or news, it should be fine.

The thing is that back on SFGHQ the main site only had updates when SAGE opened, and that's pretty much it. It was completely barren otherwise... so I find United's cycle of posts a breath of fresh air in comparison. So I might be a bit biased in this regard.

can i has be writer 2, i wrote very god.

I believe that as for the main site, every news (all things Sonic or general gaming related) is good news. A good modder in the community started a new project and has something to show? That's great, let's show him our support. That's the sort of things that keep people motivated to work on their projects. A new fangame appeared and looks rather original or sweet? Amazing, let's write an article. Someone put a Shrek model in Sonic Generations? Let's give him all the swags, our buttholes, our wives, daughters and sisters and praise him like a new Jesus.