A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

(Homing Attack target) Help with Sonic Worlds 1.2

JiyakoZen

Hey people. So, I'm sorry to say, but I am an extremist homing attack-supporter, I don't know why. Safe to say, I've never played Sonic 06 in my life, so I don't know of the worst the homing attack has to offer.

I'm trying to do the thing you see in the Hedgehog Engine where the target overlays on a nearby object when you're in the air. I have the WIP code as shown below, but nothing shows up in the game. Any advice? Thanks~

post-5347-0-98469500-1411963939_thumb.pn

Woah woah woah. First off.

Use list mode. The checklist mode is really hard to use and confusing. The list mode is WAY easier to read, and is more like traditional code.

Second

Don't worry about a homing attack yet

;)

It may just be in the next sonic worlds update, coming relatively soon.

Edit: Also, you're using worlds 1.2? Mind if I ask how come?

Edited by Mr. Potatobadger

Woah woah woah. First off.

Use list mode. The checklist mode is really hard to use and confusing. The list mode is WAY easier to read, and is more like traditional code.

Second

Don't worry about a homing attack yet

;)

It may just be in the next sonic worlds update, coming relatively soon.

Edit: Also, you're using worlds 1.2? Mind if I ask how come?

Oh...really? Interesting :).

Frankly, never thought this would happen. Since homing attack is so looked down upon and whatnot =P.

Well, here's my story, you ready? I use Wine on my MacBook to run Windows applications. Most simple apps run just fine. I don't use Wine a lot, because I already have better OS X software. When it comes to CF2.5/MMF2, shit happens. I can't run DirectX 3D, list mode crashes, there's no input for neither keyboard nor controller...UGH! I hate it to bits. Unfortunately, I'm more of a 2D artist/animator, so I've chosen the Mac path and game design is just something on the side.

So Sonic Worlds 1.3 and up don't work all because of the input settings you see on the startup screen. Also the buttons don't show up, and the application crashes when I try to move on. I noticed other people had that same issue, but they could fix it because they weren't using a shitty environment to run it.

I'm looking forward to the next build, but I'd like for there to be a more simple build, in a way. Kinda like how Sonic Worlds used to be, where there weren't any input settings and advanced graphics. Just a suggestion, maybe I just sound lazy right now :P. I'm just not too picky about using a keyboard/controller :\.

Thanks guys ^^.

Edited by JiyakoZen

The problem is that the input system added in 1.3 is really deeply ingrained into how the game engine works. It's really powerful but it requires wizardry to decouple it.

Now, this is the first time I've heard any reports from a Mac user using Wine. AFAIK Wine on Linux supports everything 100% (it's really matured over the years!) but I have a funny feeling that there isn't a lot of work on the MacOS side of things.

So all I can really say is that you've taken a plunge into a crazy direction I was not expecting anyone to do. Godspeed.

Now, this is the first time I've heard any reports from a Mac user using Wine. AFAIK Wine on Linux supports everything 100% (it's really matured over the years!) but I have a funny feeling that there isn't a lot of work on the MacOS side of things.

So all I can really say is that you've taken a plunge into a crazy direction I was not expecting anyone to do. Godspeed.

Meh, I try xP.

Aside from virtual machines, Macs have really come a long way in a short period of time. There's a growing number of plentiful types of software that help with more complex things. Hell, I know plenty of game design/programming/design students who work solely on their Macs.

I would get a Windows laptop to work with, but right now, I can only see myself becoming a game designer in the mere future, when I've had plenty experience with graphic design and computer science. Nowadays, I'm more focused on general education (just starting college) and art.

Edited by JiyakoZen

Well, it's that Worlds was made for an IDE and runtime that has traditionally been mainly for Windows computers. There IS supposed to be a proper OSX runtime and OSX version of the IDE comming "soon", but I've learned the hard way that Clickteam is a very small company running on Valve Time, so don't spend your time waiting around.

If OSX Wine isn't going to mature to the levels of the Linux version, why not use a Virtual Machine to run Windows 7? Or, what about Boot Camp to dual boot?

Well, it's that Worlds was made for an IDE and runtime that has traditionally been mainly for Windows computers. There IS supposed to be a proper OSX runtime and OSX version of the IDE comming "soon", but I've learned the hard way that Clickteam is a very small company running on Valve Time, so don't spend your time waiting around.

If OSX Wine isn't going to mature to the levels of the Linux version, why not use a Virtual Machine to run Windows 7? Or, what about Boot Camp to dual boot?

I highly agree with what Techokami said, and I recommend you do that. 

Perhaps. It would certainly be more efficient. Just need to find my WIN7 disk lyin' around. Everyone in my family uses Macs nowadays, so :P. Thanks for your help guys  :iamafuckingtool: .