A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

The Oh-so-Wonderful New 3DS discussion!

Like i said, they like to do a little too much for the handheld but no for the MAIN console, i mean handhelds are great i mean i love to play LBP and TRON Evolution (is hard as hell but its the only TRON games out there so yeah that's why) in my PSP as well as other games but its just that a handheld not a home console, if they put that energy to the WiiU game cataog instead of working in the EXACT SAME THING could be nice, you know i kinda miss the years when the NES and SNES were the kings along side with the Genesis, those times were great it was such imagination and inovation, now they only care about handhelds and making things look like the same shit over and over without making any major changes, i think this happens with almost any kind of japanese company look at KOEI or Crapcom with Sengoku Basara, is the same shit over and over and same goes with nintendo only they put 0 to none effort when is related to the quality of their shit, hell they even didnt do a NEW starfox game yet (No nintendo remaking the Starfox 64 with only new graphics isnt going to make me buy a 3ds) and thank god they didnt because i dont want a Dinasour Planet again.

Thing is, Nintendo now only cares for money not for fans, not for quality, not for family, not for gamers or even for inovation, they only care for money and massive ammounts of money we are talking about, kinda like Capcum now.

Thing is, Nintendo now only cares for money not for fans, not for quality, not for family, not for gamers or even for inovation, they only care for money and massive ammounts of money we are talking about, kinda like Capcum now.

Don't you think that's a little bit of an overstatement? I mean, Nintendo has been putting out games that most of us consider great games (i.e. Fire Emblem Awakening, Link Between Worlds, Pokemon X and Y), and will release games that will be good (i.e. Smash Bros. 4, Hyrule Warriors, Bayonetta 2). Nintendo is way better than Capcom, because at least they are not cancelling games left and right.

Don't you think that's a little bit of an overstatement? I mean, Nintendo has been putting out games that most of us consider great games (i.e. Fire Emblem Awakening, Link Between Worlds, Pokemon X and Y), and will release games that will be good (i.e. Smash Bros. 4, Hyrule Warriors, Bayonetta 2). Nintendo is way better than Capcom, because at least they are not cancelling games left and right.

Im not saying that Fire Emblem, Link Between Worlds and Pokemon X and Y are bad games they are indeed great games, Also happens with Bayonetta 2 (but i kinda hate it that Platinium Games did that only for WiiU, kinda a stick in the ass i think because that franchise was for 360 and PS3 and i love it the first one but it kinda sucks that i have to buy another console to play a sequel) is a great game as well, even with Xenoblade and even if they do another Phantasy Star Universe (Please SEGA pleeeeease do it for the love of god) heck even the Smash Bros 4 is one heck of a game (More with Mario, Sonic and Pacman now) but come on, Hyrule Warriors? i dont even like the Dynasty Warriors anymore and i think the 2 games i like from KOEI are Dynasty Warriors 5 and Dynasty Warriors 4 and that's it, because is the same shit from koei since.....ever i mean look at Hyrule Warriors, yes i know it has elements from the Zelda games but its kinda the same as Dynasty Warriors or even worse is like they did with the Dynasty Gundam's (god lord those games....one game of those robots are okay but like 6 games of that?!! man!!! i mean why japanese people likes to do the same thing over and over again with so little changes? i mean when a developer from the occidental side makes the same game EXACT THE SAME THING like...2 or 3 times they go in a rage and destroys him without mercy, but when some japanese exec does like 6 or 10 games that are kinda the same over and over but with minor graphical changes and some minor things added to the gameplay all of the sudden wants it and makes him like he does great stuff all the time and improved and "new"

I wasnt talking of if those games were bad even if Hyrule Warriors isnt one of my favorites i think is okay, i was refering that the japanese more often likes to do the same games without even change them, even with Nintendo and his consoles like in this case with this "new" 3DS, i think its not New3DS the proper name for this handheld i think is more like "Recycled" 3DS because its the same thing only with some new buttons added and an analog stick, "better screen" and a better battery, that's it.

Like i said, they like to do a little too much for the handheld but no for the MAIN console, i mean handhelds are great i mean i love to play LBP and TRON Evolution (is hard as hell but its the only TRON games out there so yeah that's why) in my PSP as well as other games but its just that a handheld not a home console, if they put that energy to the WiiU game cataog instead of working in the EXACT SAME THING could be nice, you know i kinda miss the years when the NES and SNES were the kings along side with the Genesis, those times were great it was such imagination and inovation, now they only care about handhelds and making things look like the same shit over and over without making any major changes, i think this happens with almost any kind of japanese company look at KOEI or Crapcom with Sengoku Basara, is the same shit over and over and same goes with nintendo only they put 0 to none effort when is related to the quality of their shit, hell they even didnt do a NEW starfox game yet (No nintendo remaking the Starfox 64 with only new graphics isnt going to make me buy a 3ds) and thank god they didnt because i dont want a Dinasour Planet again.

That all strikes me as incredibly ranty and completely unjustified.  It's not like Nintendo has a tons of 3DS software announced and in development right now compared to the Wii U.  It just has a hell of a lot more third party support to make it seem less sparse.

Well Golly Gee its not like the U.S. Does the same exact thing.

well yeah you are right XDDD, sometimes i tend to forgot that in this side of the planet aslo we have some shitty games as well.

Sorry guys im kinda in a grumpy-ish mood with japanese being "too japanese" sometimes that i tend to do this...rants from time to time, but in the end i love japanese games but with moderation of course, sorry for the rant 

Edited by Gear_The_Hedgehog

• 3 months later...

Nintendo consoles are shit without 1st party nintendo games. There is literally no reason to own one, why would you punish yourself otherwise

3DS is the same way, except it's always been winning because its price point is more effective a seller than it actually being worthwhile technology. I'm a bit salty that the Vita is being dominated so horrifically by the 3DS, since it's an infinitely better device. But oh well

I was going to get a 3DS, if only for Smash. But now the wii-u version is out, and nobody plays it anymore.