A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Want in on NCFC 2014?

Hey folks. I assume for most of you it's been a long time since you heard of anything from NCFC. (Well, technically there was that NCFC Sonic Hexacide game I played back at SAGE Act I, but yeah....)

NCFC is an annual fangame event held in the fall season that lasts for 5 days, is themed around Nintendo, and will let both fangame projects and ROM hacks in. It's URL is here:
http://www.nintendocfc.com/

I don't exactly know if you all have any pre-conceived opinions of the event, but whatever they may be, please take note that it may radically shift this year.
You see, much of the old blood behind the NCFC staffing have either retired or gone AWOL, and only Emperor (Web developer, basically retiring) and I (normally Livestream moderator) are left with any regular contact. Henceforth, I was put in the role of appointing new staff for this year's NCFC. In a sense, this makes me the head of NCFC this year.

... that may not make much a difference, honestly, but still!

I posted this thread to gauge interest in the event. Staff positions are still open, but I got a few trustworthy people with me now and we're closing in on being ready to announce an opening date. When that day comes, registrations will be open. I would suggest the notable projects from this year's two SAGExpo events may appreciate the chance to expose themselves to a new audience.

Registration will be open soon, and I'll be quick to let you guys know when it's ready if interest is high enough.

Feel free to use this thread to ask questions or to discuss any other details. Livestream and radio content are still pretty up in the air, although I hope to be able to continue my livestreaming stuff much like last year.

• Like 1

Soo this is like a sage for nintendo fan games? Sounds interesting. I dont think I have anything to submit, unless sonic fan games count. Its like to have a look at this though.

Sonic games have been welcomed in the past. It's just that no one from the Sonic fangame community itself has submitted any, so it's been isolated to a few entries from the Mario fangame community like Sonic Hexacide.

Mega Man games have also been a regular staple. Really, NCFC would take practically anything. There's even an "indie" category introduced last year for anyone who wants to work with original characters.

Sounds like fun, I remember participating in this 2 years ago. I have one question though, when will the event start this year? If I know the date, I know if I should hurry or take my time to release demo 5 for Super Mario & The Elemental Orbs.

Since we're starting to close in on the design of the layout graphics, I think I'll be safe saying I'm aiming for the week of November 3rd. It will start no earlier than that, and will not be delayed any more than a week from that regardless of the circumstances.

• 2 weeks later...

Bump! Registrations are OPEN!

http://www.nintendocfc.com

If you're a newbie to this, here are the steps to setting up a booth:

1) Set up an NCFC account by registering on the forum.

2) Once you do, the main page should have a new option called "registrations". From there, you can choose to set up a "Booth" or a "Workshop". These basically are as you'd expect if you're already familiar with SAGExpo, so choose what you'd want to do.

3) You can either have a preconstructed booth build or link the booth to your own HTML page. Likewise, you can either upload your entry to the site (Be wary of the filesize limits!) or use an external filehost to keep your entry.

4) Workshops can be done on either the IRC chatroom or the Livestream.

5) If you feel your entry does not fit one of the predefined categories, please contact me about it.

• Like 1

So for workshop is that where you just expose your works like drawings, sprites, musics and such? I might like that. Maybe next time this comes round I can even submit a nintendo themed game just to stray away from sonic :) Sounds like a bunch of fun though and hopefully it stays around for the next time I'm ready to submit game content. 

Plom, if there's tech

Just registered a booth of my game. I'm gonna have the screenshots and a download link to my entry as soon as I finish up some stuff in the next build. For some reason my main booth content doesn't save, but I'm copy & pasting the info from my game's readme file.

If there are tech issues I will report it to Emperor ASAP. I'll run a few tests myself in the meantime.

So for workshop is that where you just expose your works like drawings, sprites, musics and such? I might like that. Maybe next time this comes round I can even submit a nintendo themed game just to stray away from sonic :) Sounds like a bunch of fun though and hopefully it stays around for the next time I'm ready to submit game content. 

Art and music seem fine and were subjects in previous workshops.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

12 Days, cool. I don't think I can anything out but if I can make a little level to jump n' shoot man, could I submit? It's less of an actual game and more a demonstration of what else I can make is why I'm asking.

I'm getting back into the groove of stuff, recently. So this would be a good inspiration to do more.

Sure thing!

Anyway, Just slightly more than a day left before NCFC2014 starts, folks! Hope everyone who's wanting to participate is ready!

• Like 1