A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Hey guys, here's a S3&K hack I've working a long time, you can call this "Sonic 3 & Knuckles: Pro Survivor", this hack is difficulty layout in levels trying be a challenging game.

Alright, From here now to the left of the description will be a citation from another forum:

Hello everyone. Finally I can post the new version of my S3K hack. This is a demo (5.0) version of Sonic 3 & Knuckles: Pro Survivor from SHC2014, with improvements on it. On this time I've  working a lot on my hack, improving that, following feedback, trying fix the max of bugs possibles.

Current changes from old version to for the new version is:
  • Layout improved.
  • Level design improved with somes bugs fix.
  • Palettes fixed and improved.
In this version there will be 3 levels available to play: Angel Island (both acts), Hydrocity (Act 1) and Ice Cap (Act 1).

Okay, here's some pictures (all from the contest):
shc2014_3_1.pngshc2014_3_2.png
shc2014_3_7.pngshc2014_3_4.png
Sonic Hacking Contest 2014 Demo Release

Somes notes:
1. Score counter is stuck at 0 when playing as Tails or Knuckles but is still adding up.
2. On Ice Cap If you lose a life and you return to the first checkpoint, it is an Insta-Kill trap since there was an Ice object that was placed at the checkpoint.
3. After the first loop in Angel Island Act 1, don’t roll too fast. Or you’ll lose all your speed. Rough edge that needs smoothing out.
4. No Act Clear Bonus for Hydrocity Act 1 and Ice Cap Act 1.

5. The musics ports have been removed because I had a lot of problems so I decided just use original one.

Credits
Eectroball: For helping me with somes things and for porting the ROM to a disassembly. I'm really grateful.
SonicVaan: For betatesting this hack, fixing glitches and bugs in the game and also removing unneccessary data for this demo.
Varion Icaria: For collaborating to help with the files, pointing out errors and giving some solutions for fixes.
DiscoTheBat: An amazing person who supported the project from the early beginning. Big thanks!
Editchris: For the beta test and for the great support. Special thanks to him.
Bakayote: For making a really cool banner for the title screen. Special thanks to him.
Hcktrox: He's given me great suggestions about palettes and betatested the game a bit. I'm so grateful with him help!
Shockwave: By supporting the hack with your great reviews and suggestions, betatesting and much more. I'm very grateful... ;)
TheBlad768: The great person who helped me in almost everything in the beginning of my hack, helping with some codes, asm, fixing various bugs, etc. I am extremely grateful! :D
JoenickROS: The guy who's has helped me too, with beta testing, reporting me a lot of things: glitches, bugs, on what I should do and what I shouldn't and also giving some tips and good ideas. Thanks a lot to him!

Overall, I also have to thank the members of SSRG and SGD, thanks for your advice, suggestions, criticisms and comments. I am eternally grateful.

Well, that's all, have a good game.

Again, "have a good game"! :smad:

• 3 months later...

I'm back here to show more work on my S3K hack. yesterday I finshed my Ice Cap act 2 Layout, I had a hard work on it with some problems, but finally is done. Here is the result:

Also I've do somes palettes too:

S3KPSnewpalettes02_zps39122c81.png?t=141S3KPSnewpalette01_zpsf1dfdd0f.pngS3KPSnewpalettes03_zps1ed174d6.png
These is Sweet?
C&C is always welcome.

Edited by NeoFusionBox

I'm back here to show more work on my S3K hack. yesterday I finshed my Ice Cap act 2 Layout, I had a hard work on it with some problems, but finally is done. Here is the result:

Also I've do somes palettes too:

S3KPSnewpalettes02_zps39122c81.png?t=141S3KPSnewpalette01_zpsf1dfdd0f.pngS3KPSnewpalettes03_zps1ed174d6.png

These is Sweet?

C&C is always welcome.

Like the Sandopolis pallet, makes it look more like a realistic desert.(I like the original version, but this has a real looking sunset.) And what's with the launch base pallet?

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for late reply, guys(I was busy with another things). :P

@Splykid: I not sure if can and if I put any kind of trap, it could leave unfair as I walk down Snowboard at incredible speed. :P
@Emotivecastle12: I tried make LBZ2 with sunset palette.

Also here, a little update on my AIZ1 layout:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVOMlGF5mAk