A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

What's Your Specialty?

I'm surprised that this isn't a thing already, but, here goes. If you are a certain forte, niche or specialty that you can use for someone's game 'round here, share your talents here so people can find you easily.

I'm a writer, so I can help with plots, dialogue and scenarios. I also dabble in graphic design and video editing.

• Like 1

I think the reason for the lack of such thread is that everybody can write his/her specialty in his/her profile.

As for me: I'm more of a concept artist than anything else. I can concept anything, stage design, layouts, bosses, cutscenes, anything! As long as it is on a sheet of paper, sketched with a #2 pencil, of course...

Other than that, I'm more than just untalented, I'm incredibly untalented.

C# programming, with heavy focus on 3D character physics and gameplay.  I've still got a lot to learn about general programming, but I know I'm onto something with the physics.  I hope to make a library of functions that people can use in their own games.

Additionally, I'm also a... reasonable 3D modeler and animator, given my total lack of artistic skill.

I'm an expert in MMF2

I can sprite pretty Ok:

NkTViQs.png

WsJN6Aa.png

OfswIPL.png

I have self-taught perfect pitch, just started composing, I can sing songs backwards in my head if they're simple, and I can typically predict what note will come next in a song, even if I've never heard it. Sometimes I hum along to songs I've never heard. Music is pretty predictable, nowadays.

I'm a singer, I ranked number 2 (maybe 3?) in Florida one year for All State. I used to go to a fine arts school, but switched over to a public school with an amazing technology division.

I'm pretty good at sprite editing.

XSa6ng7.png

TDd4z74.png

That's the no way sprite at double the res, smoothed out. Harder than it sounds, I swear 0_0

The second one is a beta map made completely of re used assets: The volcano is the peak of angel island pasted in different orientations. The grass is from angel island act 1. The base on the volcano is made of chemical plant tiles.

Uhh, I can eat a lot of food?

I can read hirigana, but I have no idea what most of it means

I really enjoy consuming potato products.

The end.

I'm an expert in MMF2

I can sprite pretty Ok:

NkTViQs.png

WsJN6Aa.png

OfswIPL.png

I have self-taught perfect pitch, just started composing, I can sing songs backwards in my head if they're simple, and I can typically predict what note will come next in a song, even if I've never heard it. Sometimes I hum along to songs I've never heard. Music is pretty predictable, nowadays.

I'm a singer, I ranked number 2 (maybe 3?) in Florida one year for All State. I used to go to a fine arts school, but switched over to a public school with an amazing technology division.

I'm pretty good at sprite editing.

XSa6ng7.png

TDd4z74.png

That's the no way sprite at double the res, smoothed out. Harder than it sounds, I swear 0_0

The second one is a beta map made completely of re used assets: The volcano is the peak of angel island pasted in different orientations. The grass is from angel island act 1. The base on the volcano is made of chemical plant tiles.

Uhh, I can eat a lot of food?

I can read hirigana, but I have no idea what most of it means

I really enjoy consuming potato products.

The end.

私は日本語が勉強している。 あなたはカタカナを習うほうがいいです。   :ph34r:

I'm a composer and keyboardist with considerably solid relative pitch. I know a bit around guitar and bass, though not exactly to a standard where I can say I "play" them. I've been featured in several fangames, and admittedly have a... small reputation for my work.

I'm also a writer and bit of an artist. My strong points at writing have been said to be characterization and character development. Not exactly that good of an artist... But I try, really.

As for languages, I can speak Korean and English, as well as rudimentary Chinese.

• 2 weeks later...

Due to my current situation that my MMF2 is cracked (I know $120 is a good deal for a game-builder, but I'll save for later) I HAVE to stick with Sonic Worlds 0.5.

Despite that, I can make these things with MMF2 and Worlds:

-Placing tiles and level details

-Insert a background

-Parralax

-Change in-game music

-Basic moving platforms

-Creating loop-de-loops from Actives

-Text-based menus (thanks GSF!)

-Making simple badniks from Actives

Next things I want to learn for now are these:

-Understanding how to make a boss (I'm using the Mecha Sonic group as a guide)

-Add the Nitrous powerup and gauge

-Edit the character's sprites

-Make the character be able to carry and shoot a gun (and make the bullets interact with walls, enemies and bosses)

-Create badniks with health greater than 1 hit

I make music, Sonic Generations mods and I'm a level designer. I also am a video editor.

I make music of varied genres. If you got a project and you're wondering if I'll jump on aboard, feel free to ask. Here's my Soundcloud in case you want to check out my content: https://soundcloud.com/gottagofas

I've taken part in quite some mods but the only mod I have 'finished' is Frog Forest. I'm no know-it-all in modding, but I guess I'm good enough.

I make level designs and concepts. If you need some advice on that or some help, you know you can come to me!

I also make trailers and things like that. I've made Edge of Darkness' SAGE 2014 Act 2 trailer and Frog Forest's release trailer. 

Edited by Faseeh

I make music, Sonic Generations mods and I'm a level designer.

I make music of varied genres. If you got a project and you're wondering if I'll jump on aboard, feel free to ask. Here's my Soundcloud in case you want to check out my content: https://soundcloud.com/gottagofas

I've taken part in quite some mods but the only mod I have 'finished' is Frog Forest. I'm no know-it-all in modding, but I guess I'm good enough.

I make level designs and concepts. If you need some advice on that or some help, you know you can come to me!

So, yeah, your music rocks. :omg:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

OH BOY, IT'S A LIBI

A few years back some would have called me a pretty decent spriter, I still can somewhat make that calm today.

Projects I participated in include:

-  The Modern Genesis Project

-  Helped with various revamps of characters as the style progressed into what I called ModGen2 (or MdGn2 in my file names)

-  

-  Came up with the idea of Sonic doing a triple spin kick and other like one other battle combo

original submittion idea

revamp

-  The Custom Advanced Project

-  A LONG time ago, really only did one sprite for it: Sonic laying on the ground, bent up at the waist so he was looking forward

#oldassshit

#oldassshit2

Other things include:

- Most Recent thingy, making Splash Hill act 1 genesis styled

- Various mediocore sprite animations hastily made.

- ermegerd sherdyc

There's hella more, look at my DeviantART accountsif you want to:

new, LiBiYKWIM

old, sonic117007, THE ARCHIVE FROM 2007ish

Retro game stuff. From engines to art. 
I'm mostly an 2D artist and can do most stuff from 8-bit to 16-bit. If you want to check some stuff out, I have some games on Newgrounds as well as one in production for Steam:

http://sinclairstrange.newgrounds.com/

And my upcoming Steam game:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=210952339

You can also find some of my artwork on deviant art too:

http://sinclairstrange.deviantart.com/

So that's pretty much my stuff. I also dabble in some music now and again which you can find on my you-tube "amesuki". Although that's not really my strong area.

• 1 month later...

Im searching for someone who would like to do a full sonic game with me , I know 3d modeling , animation , story writing , making music , almost everything about what a game needs , unless the programming part , who would be interested in including me as a team member in his/her team , or making a new team with me?