A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Next sonic game + Me wanting to make a sonic fan game

fahyda

i dont work at sega but would like to know what everyone would like the sonic game to be like and which sonic to use.

to be honest i would love to see another adventure/boosting sonic game for modern sonic but i want it to not reuse level ideas from past sonic games. i also want to make my oan sonic fan game but i only want to be the level designer for it.

• Like 1

I am just tired of them having decent ideas, then barely using them.

Adventure games, less action stages than hunting and shooting

Sonic Heroes, ruined the whole experience by forcing you to beat it with 4 teams that get increasingly worse.

Unleashed, revolutionize sonic 3D gameplay, 50% of game is god of furry

Colors, tease you with unleashed gameplay, sike bitch this is a wannabe mario game

Generations, 2D sonic and 3D sonic? NOOOPPE sike again gaylord modern stages spam 2D more than 3D

Lost World, new 3D gameplay style nope mario galaxy party 0.5 wit motobugs get reckt noobs

...the only sonic game with consistent gameplay design was Shadow the Hedgehog...

• Like 5

what i liked about my favorite sonic games, is that they brought something original

for ex

Sonic R, actual racing as sonic on foot

Sonic Battle, one word: Emerl

SA2B:shits amazing i don't know where to start, the thing is about this there were many playable characters.

actually i noticed in all of these games, there were ALOT of playable characters

now its just boost boost, bla bla same level, really boring confusing boss 06 gameplay meh.

I am just tired of them having decent ideas, then barely using them.

Adventure games, less action stages than hunting and shooting

Sonic Heroes, ruined the whole experience by forcing you to beat it with 4 teams that get increasingly worse.

Unleashed, revolutionize sonic 3D gameplay, 50% of game is god of furry

Colors, tease you with unleashed gameplay, sike bitch this is a wannabe mario game

Generations, 2D sonic and 3D sonic? NOOOPPE sike again gaylord modern stages spam 2D more than 3D

Lost World, new 3D gameplay style nope mario galaxy party 0.5 wit motobugs get reckt noobs

...the only sonic game with consistent gameplay design was Shadow the Hedgehog...

that does sound true but sonic boom looks kinda decent and new.

what i liked about my favorite sonic games, is that they brought something original

for ex

Sonic R, actual racing as sonic on foot

Sonic Battle, one word: Emerl

SA2B:shits amazing i don't know where to start, the thing is about this there were many playable characters.

actually i noticed in all of these games, there were ALOT of playable characters

now its just boost boost, bla bla same level, really boring confusing boss 06 gameplay meh.

it has come a bit more constant but sega do try to please fans. Well yea, what they think is a good idea for sonic can be a bad idea but at least sega try so i think it is a good idea to respect that and not be a whiny person if sega dose something that you don't like. to prove my point watch the indie game movie that talks about the stress indie gamers go through every day they make a game.

Edited by fahyda

• 2 weeks later...

I think it looks pretty good, but that's my opinion, huh. 

I just want them to pick a style that worked and make something that's substantial throughout. As Serephim somewhat mentioned they have ideas and even gameplay that works or could work, really well- but they throw it out next title or when it gets "stale". They have to switch it up just to keep people entertained, which really isn't true at all but they think it is for some reason. 

I Personally wanna see SA2 Sonic and Knuckles and SA1 Tails return BUT make their level objects GET TO THE DANG GOAL. Every once in awhile for story purposes having different objectives is cool but a whole game with the SA2 gameplay of Sonic, Knuckles, and (Mechless) Tails would be beautiful and just build on that... pls D:

My issue is how they seem to drop the ideas in the same title they introduce them in. Sonic Heroes and Shadow the Hedgehog were the only sonic games that were legit 'SONIC' games from start to finish, nothing else inbetween, just 100% speed action platforming. 

Heroes was the right path imo. 100% Sonic gameplay, included knuckles and tails without giving them hunting/shooting crap, stages returned to abstract classic, 2-act design in a non-lazy fashion. They just kind of ruined it by forcing Team Rose and Chaotix on you, and forcing you to 100% the game to get to its higher difficulty mode and 2-player races. Now if they just made a sequel where they further polished the physics, let you hand-pick your teammates, and did away with the whole "beat the game 4 times" crap, they would have basically made a 3D Sonic 3 & Knuckles.

Of course that would never happen, because instead they just made Sonic 06.

Edited by Serephim