A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

This engine is a good example on what's possible with blitz sonic, it does have little flaws, but most of the small things that I didn't like are because I'm used to the other Blitz Sonic engines. Nibroc did a epic job on the models, didn't think that we would see so many old characters playable in a game again.

The new graphical effects surprised me, didn't think that something like this would be added, very nice(it limits custom characters by a bit, but sonic world wasn't made for custom stuff anyways), the only thing that I didn't like about the new graphical improvements is the blurr/special effect in the skybox, there is no way to turn it off but that's probably a bug.

The character moves are good for the most part, I liked the new added moves, some moves(omega hover) could be a bit better and I'm hoping that Fang and Bean get new extra moves soon(I already got ideas for that).

Some of the stages/missions won't work with some characters but that happens because the stages were built for Blitz Sonic Heroes, where you always had a fly/power/speed character, this isn't a big problem because this game will get more stages in future updates, which are made for every character. Not sure why you removed Love Garden, it was one of the stages that worked well for almost any character if not all.

The stage missions could need a bit more help, thought that I had to explore the stages and collect some things to get a good highscore for the time mission, but it looks like you have to get to the goal as fast as possible and speedrun the game to get a good rank on that, while you have to explore on normal missions, a bit strange and I think a different ranking system where you can get a good rank by speedrunning or exploring.

The missions are ok and work well, exept for some small things(red ring and gold enemy/all enemy missions might have little problems on some stage), the only mission that I didn't like is the ring mission, get hit once and you are back at 0% complete or even need to completely redo it, it can be very easy to get hit in this engine, so maybe the mission should be changed so that the ring counter goes down but not back up.

If you haven't played Sonic World yet, go play it NOW, it's a great 3d sonic game.

One of the best 3D Sonic games I've seen in the last few years. Nice graphics and smooth gameplay. I especially like the huge selection of characters and a programmed camera, can't remember any other 3d fan game to feature that. It's always about the player controlling the gamera, which may be frustrating for some people. Can't wait for more updates!

When I try to play it I get the error "Memory Access Violation" Is there anything that can be done to fix this?

if you have windows, go to start menu, right click computer, go to device manager, go to adapters, disable mirror or mirage driver, and restart your computer. It should be working then.

I also notice that the game won't work properly for me, actually.  I can start it up just fine, even go into stages, but all the enemies, rings, items, and everything...are just inactive.  Static and impossible to interact with.  It's like I'm missing AI code or something.  XD  Anybody have an idea what is up with that?

I really adore this game. I really like where this is heading and I hope you can get some level designers so we could see a full experience come out of this one! There's a lot of characters but it doesn't really bother me (since I like most of them) but also because they're just there to play around with even though I pretty much just play with Sonic. One problem is that I hope you could change the rotation "speed?" when going slow it seems when going slow you can turn from one side to the other on the drop of a dime which in studying SA2 for my own purposes didn't really happen, otherwise I really am liking where this is going!

The Webs page isn't letting me through. It keeps mentioning Badwidth Exceeded or something like that....

Oh, And I was wondering if you could make a Chao skin, and port Rainbow Road V2 along with Planet Wisp V2 if you can....I have no Idea what I'm doing when it comes to porting. Please Help.

Now they have set up a new site:

http://sonicworldfangame.com/

and add customizable characters like fan charatcters

actually after looking at the mods for the game i take back what i said

yes scourge is in this game. besides mephiles, scourge is my favorite character

and one more thing they need to add the Babylon rogues.

Edited by SilverFan96

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

This game is one of the first I ever put on my detachable USB hard drive. I have plenty of levels for it. I like how this is basically the solution to SegaSonic's current problems. My favorite pair is Sonic and Blaze.

Edited by Miru