A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Anybody ever use Stencyl?

A friend of mine started working on a game and Game Maker was acting odd on his computer, so he decided to switch to Stencyl.

Link: http://www.stencyl.com/

It's kind of like GM/MMF2/C2 from the looks of it.

I've been messing around in it with him for a bit and it doesn't seem that bad, but I'm pretty new at it.

Have any of you ever tried it out? 

I like that you can see the code version of the logic you make from the drag'n'drop blocks. 

Only weird thing is that until I DL'ed Visual Studio 2010 Express, it wouldn't run any of my test builds, no matter which platform I picked. 

So, your thoughts?

I meant to reply to this topic but I lost it. Yeah I used Stencyl for a bit, don't know why I stopped. It's pretty straightforward for beginners and great for people that want to learn coding. I should give it a try again, while I have MMF2, it's not working well on my PC so Stencyl sounds like a nice back-up.

I actually just downloaded Stencyl for Mac OS X. I use a shitty Windows GUI app called Wine for CF2.5, so it's been so difficult to use. Stencyl uses very light coding techniques that seem pretty easy to sit down and learn how to use. It's also essential to creating games/apps in Flash.

Same deal with me, I'll probably be using Stencyl as a backup.