A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic the Hedgehog - Nintendo Edition (Early WIP as of Fri Aug 1)

JiyakoZen

**PLEASE READ THIS FIRST**

NINTENDO, SEGA, AND SONIC TEAM DID NOT MAKE THIS, AND ARE NOT WORKING ON IT. THESE THREE COMPANIES DID NOT MAKE THIS. NO BIG VIDEO GAME COMPANIES TOOK PART IN CREATING THIS. YOU ARE GIVEN THREE WAYS TO EXPLAIN IT, SO DON'T BOTHER CALLING ME OUT ON SOMETHING SO OBVIOUS.

Hey everybody. I figured I'd start a project as simple as this; I have another Sonic game in the works, but it really has no direction at the moment.

This is kinda a hoax, "What if Nintendo and SEGA teamed up and ported Sonic the Hedgehog to the Game Boy?." I'm working on it in Clickteam Fusion 2.5. Basically, it's gonna be very similar to the original Game Gear game, just some visual/audio differences. This is a very early work in progress, but feel free to let me know what you think about it.

Here's a video of the intro sequence. I feel Nintendo would really use their intellect on visuals like they do in The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening.

PS: I used Synthfont, a Gameboy soundfont, and some MIDIs to make the music.

Edited by JiyakoZen
  • Like 2

Cool! I like it!  :thumbup:

Thanks, balla!

Anyways, I've been getting help from the guys over at The VG Resource on deciphering how to make this look like a native Nintendo Game Boy game. Here are some visual changes I've made:

102v5m9.jpg

anik1y.jpg

dheglc.jpg

I will probably fix Sonic. What I did was add contrast to the original sprite sheet (ripped by Technokami) and set the transparency settings in CF2.5 to monochrome. That's the result.

• Like 1

MODE 7 BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyways, from the looks of it, you want to destroy my childhood mind and implode what I thought what would never happen......a Sonic game.....Nintendo-fied....don't judge my childhood....I want more mode 7 :D

Mode 7's not gonna happen, unfortunately. The folks at The VG Resource say Game Boy's graphic chip/card/whatever isn't capable without appropriate enhancements. Besides, I'm making this in the style of Nintendo's older games like Zelda, Super Mario Land 1, 2, and 3, etc.

C'mon though, Nintendo already went somewhere with Sonic Lost Worlds, I can easily see them putting aside their differences with SEGA back then and porting Sonic to their consoles  :thumbup: . They also had the heart to port SA2 to GCN  :) .