A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Freedom Planet -- Steam Release

Serephim

Idea to fix crush physics: find speed at which player ascends to top of tile. Set up a decision: if yspeed == x && direction == y && xspeed == 0, then set hurt ==0. Repeat for z number of ticks to account for normal things that lock xspeed and yspeed going up, and I have no idea how to use MMF2.

This game looks really cool, I played the demo and I loved it. Unfortunately, 15$ is way overpriced imo, especially because they "promised" it'd be 10$ in an earlier trailer. 15$ is more expensive than most Sonic games on Steam and to be honest, I'd rather play that than FP, even though FP looks neat.

Edited by WreckingPrograms

Why don't you try the demo? If it's to your liking, then get it.

If you don't like Steam you can wait until the DRM free version comes out.

where is the demo, because if its on steam... i still don't see myself playing it.

(is the demo NOT on steam?)

This game. This game.

And the soundtrack makes me so happy. Back when I played Bunny Must Die, l only really liked the first level's song, but the composer really hit the jackpot now.

Curiously, the "rescue" song that plays in some cutscenes sounds a lot like MegaMan Battle Network's "Proof of Courage". Which is something I approve of. Any heroic scene gets a zillion times better if it has Proof of Courage playing over it.

MMF2 applications tend to give false positives because of the way they handle their own memory. Get rid of that Norton POS.

Not only that, but one of the more well known things is that some internet browsers will warn you that the file may be malicious, something I've encountered continuously with Google Chrome and MMF2 applications.  One of the more interesting things is that Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 will prevent you from running a MMF2 application the first time it's open, unless you click "show more info" and "open anyways".

I still haven't gotten a chance to play this yet, been way too busy as of late, but I'm really looking forward to it!  : D  

Yeah, I that feature that monitors files you DL from the web and asks if you want to run applications. Not a fan of it, loonax FTW.

CT needs to revise their memory handling a bit, I guess. Although even that wasn't enough to stop a guy from accessing unused frames in one of Lake's games.

On the other hand, I think the Windows 8 warnings are because the applications are not signed with the W8 store type keys, so anything that isn't from a major company such as Norton, Nero, AVG, etc would still pop up the message.

Remember that W8 is steps away from enforcing a closed garden app store model...

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I finally got this game on Wednesday. I like it a lot! The characters here are much more likable than in most indie games, and the gameplay has some really surprising moments. I also noticed that this game seems to be the start of a trend of 16/32 bit-styled commercial 2D platformers in the vein of Genesis classics: Spark the Electric Jester, Brock Crocodile, Bingo the Multiva...