A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Freedom Planet -- Steam Release

Serephim

Was short on $ back in the Kickstarter, and I'm short right now.

I'll have to wait a while and play the latest demo in the meantime.

Someone get Strife back in here!

EDIT: I thought Available on PC and Steam was kind of weird, but now I remembered that there will be a DRM-less version release later. I'll be getting that one, yay for no Steam.

• Like 1

And powered by Sonic Worlds, no less!

Carol + motorcycle best girl.

I wonder if the Powered By... splash screen is present in the final game, considering the name of the engine...

EDIT: Moved thread to Video Game discussion. This is a video game, after all...

• Like 1

I have to say that Strife and his team know this, but they have a lot to be proud of. The game so far is bloody fantastic, and I can totally imagine playing this on my 32X. (Totally not being facetious here, this feels like a professional grade platformer)

• Like 2

Guest Mr Lange

I made the trailer and made sure it was maximum hype lol.

I can answer most questions if you have any.

To cover some common ones right away:

It can't be ported to consoles right now because of CF's limitations, but I've heard Android and Vita are somehow possible and those are strong possibilities in the future.

Non Steam and Mac versions should be coming soon if all goes well.

The game could be consider finished, but we're still going on it. Milla will have an adventure mode soon. There's some sprites left to be done, I'm still doing sounds and some graphics, and Strife continues to fix bugs. There's also some more features planned.

There's going to be an expansion at some point that adds Spade and Torque as playable characters, and possibly a few other neat features. It'll be free DLC.

Edited by Mr Lange
  • Like 3

This game was SO soso cool! ^ ^ The heart, the passion, the real difficulty! The cutscenes and the voice acting were superb also! :D I'm so happy to have worked on this game! Everyone who wants to try it: Not only will you love it, but it will blow your expectations out of the water! It feels like a game I definitely could have played when I was little (but wouldn't have made it very far so I'd have to watch my brothers or my dad beat it XD) It really is the return of the 90s mascot platformers. . . <3

• Like 1

Just cleared the game tonight, will avoid spoilers, but I definitely caught shades of Cave Story as the game went on. I also appreciated the homage to Gunstar Heroes' Seven Force boss fight. Looking forward to Milla's adventure mode, as well as to Torque and Spade's gameplay as well. Pics and Pixels or Lange, could you please ask Strife to get in touch with me? I need to discuss a few SAGE related things with him.

Just cleared the game tonight, will avoid spoilers, but I definitely caught shades of Cave Story as the game went on. I also appreciated the homage to Gunstar Heroes' Seven Force boss fight. Looking forward to Milla's adventure mode, as well as to Torque and Spade's gameplay as well. Pics and Pixels or Lange, could you please ask Strife to get in touch with me? I need to discuss a few SAGE related things with him.

Strife says that he'll be happy to get back to you once he's finished attending to business with Press, emails and stuff :3

• Like 1

shades of Cave Story as the game went on.

As a Cave Story fanboy, I think I know what you might be talking about.

Welp, I'm spoiled now, lol. At least I don't know who will get cave storie'd.

Edited by Jassbec
  • Like 1