A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Your Username's Origin?

Riseodvi

Around this forum, well, any forum, the usernames tend to be quite strange and original. I started this topic just because I wanted to hear how some have created these bizarre names.

I'll start. At the time I was thinking of a username, I had recently heard of the mythological phoenix that rises from it's ashes after death. That's the first part, "rise".  The second part, "odvi" comes from this guy that I knew who, rather than saying "obviously", would say "odviously" ... "odvi".

Together I pronounce it ree-say-odd-vee... just to let you know..

So that's that! I'd like to hear how you guys came up with yours'!

I was playing Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Blue Rescue Team™ and I had to come up with a name for the character I was going to use. I like Jazz, so I wanted to do a name around how the word sounds. Ended up writing up Jassbec and it stuck with me, it doesn't really mean anything.

Other possible names were YaxVex, Jazzbec, Jasser and Yazz and some others I don't remember.

It stuck with me a lot and some people call me Jass or Jassy IRL because I'm not so fond of my real name. (It's Hiram btw)

(Jassbec is also name of a fragance company, well, it's actually Jass Bec, just a fun fact, pretty weird concidence).

Edited by Jassbec
  • Like 1

one day at night i decided to start drawing

i thought hm maybe a new super form for sonic

nah thats shitty

this guy seems pretty cool though, i shall call him as a new character named neo fire sonic

*not remembering he wasn't my first fancharacter*

i'll use him :D

Neo_Fire_Sonic

one day at night i decided to start drawing

i thought hm maybe a new super form for sonic

nah thats shitty

this guy seems pretty cool though, i shall call him as a new character named neo fire sonic

*not remembering he wasn't my first fancharacter*

i'll use him :D

Neo_Fire_Sonic

So deep

10/10 best story would read again

(It's not like a name like that would have a more complex backstory, lol)

Edited by Jassbec

Because of the reputation from the Sonic Community (Being all... NOT ordinary and such), I figured I wanted to be one of the ACTUALLY SANE people who are fans of Sonic the Hedgehog, and make my username describe myself.

"I am an ordinary Sonic fan."

An ordinary Sonic fan.

AnOrdinarySonicFan.

Bingo! I'm done!

Edited by AnOrdinarySonicFan

Wow. This is a very interesting topic and so far it's awesome to hear everyone user name origins (I have a thing for loving people back story). 

Hmmm...well I chose this name back in 09 on deviantart and this name was base on a cool japan only character from the Darkstalkers series and his name was Dee. He's a half vampire character who was once a good warrior who was succumb to his dark demonic powers that some how turn him into a full fledged vampire. Hence the name "DarkVampireDee" :ssmile:

I was hanging out with my buddy Satan one time and he'd be like "Oh shit, dude. Aren't nicknames that use letters and numbers the shit?" and I'd be like "Yo, don't be a faggot, Satan" and he be all sad and shit and I'm like "dude, chill" and he would swallow the tears and be cool for a while and then he would forget and be all "Oh shit, dude. Aren't nicknames that use letters and numbers the shit?" and I'm "JESUS FUCK SATAN, YOU SAID THAT ALREADY" and he be all "sorry mang, I have alzheimer" and I'm cool with that and a few minutes later he be all "Oh shit, dude. Aren't nicknames that use letters and numbers the shit?" and I'm all "FUUUUUUUCK"

It's actually just my name. lel

• Like 5

My original username that I used in the fanbase was "sonic117007".  Why?  Because Sonic, Halo, and James Bond, that's why.  I would so often shorten it to "sonic117" because I could.  sometimes I would be called "Red Sonic" because of several older incarnations of my OC.  As a joke, in the later life of MFS, I had my username changed to "John Bond The Hedgehog" because of my original username and because lawls.

But back in like 2009 I finally got an Xbox 360 and CoD: MW2.  I reached a problem, "I need a new username that isn't so noobish sounding."  As the time I was very apathetic to everything, so I came up with the phrase "life is biased, if you know what I mean.  Obviously that was too many characters so I turned it into an acronym:  "LiBiYKWIM"  Now that is a mouthful to say, so I normally just go by "LiBi", which is MUCH more easier to say.

Now thanks to me using one skype account for everything, I that username set to "LiBi (JoeyD)", because JoeyD is my first name and last initial. lol

But thanks to the fact that LiBiYKWIM is so original, if you Google it, chances are 99.99% of the hits are me.

---

P3DR0 is the best name

• Like 2

Mine was a joke. I used to be MFZB on SFGHQ until around 2010 I think when one halloween we all changed usernames to something different (in which I became rawr). I just never bothered to have it be changed back and I kinda like it now.

*Mr. PB's post*

GOD, LET ME STOP LAUGHING

*AOSF's post*

The Sonic fan community is quite a diverse community, and calling your type "ordinary" is a bit harsh. But I get what you mean. You're a fan who just really likes the Sonic games, and I'm sure most of us on this board are like that.

*P3DRO's post*

Sounds legit

*LiBi's post*

Alot of my previous aliases have come from this complex of a proccess.

Thanks for all the stories, you guys!

• Like 2

The Sonic fan community is quite a diverse community, and calling your type "ordinary" is a bit harsh. But I get what you mean. You're a fan who just really likes the Sonic games, and I'm sure most of us on this board are like that.

Well, putting it like that is a bit harsher in hindsight, I agree. Although I was talking about how it was directed towards the minority of the fans that are flat-out obsessed with Sonic. The rest who can say that they are fans of the games I call "Ordinary" or "Normal".

And I'm pretty sure all of you guys are like that. I'm just AN ordinary Sonic fan. ;)

Edited by AnOrdinarySonicFan

I looked at the back of a Pringles can and saw the Spanish name for sugar. I then distorted it to sound like an anime name because I'm a wad of rotting chicken nuggets.

Then it became "aZOOkara" because why be an anime when I can be a zoo.

Edited by Azookara

My first screen name, "qwertyabsol," has a very simple origin: I love computers (qwerty keyboards), and I (used to) love Pokemon. Voila.

My current name, Jiyako, is a bit more complicated. "Jake" is the name I was born with. I would go more into my "identity," but not here (just check out my tumblr http://jiyako.tumblr.com) Translated into Japanese, my name is "Jeiku."  Since this name would go to a character of mine (fursona), I wanted a less literal translation. I guess I just came up with three Japanese characters, and...voila again! Ji-ya-ko.

ジヤコ if anyone's curious  :(< .

I need to reiterate myself here.

German.

Me like poetatoes.

Me like Badger.

MrPoetatoebadger.

Sometime last year

staff pulls funny prank on me

name was Lord Potato Badgerington XIV

got into funny sarcastic fight with Ila.

Name changed back, but spelled right.

Mr. Potatobadger

• Like 2