A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Johnny Test Is Officially Cancelled

Miru

According to Teletoon's 2014/2015 lineups, Johnny Test is officially cancelled. Good riddance. First, the show managed to make it to the U.S. showcasing its stiff animation and annoying sounds and voices to Cartoon Network, eventually taking over. Second, it outlived many good shows, like Thundercats, Sym-Bionic Titan, Young Justice, Scooby Doo: Mystery Incorporated, and Green Lantern. And Third, it stuck out like a sore thumb compared to the rest of CN's modern lineup.

People still watch cartoon network? Guess im just old

Never watched it but I doubt Johnny Test deserves this kind of animosity. It's very flash-esque but it's not like it's badly animated or anything, a typical Anime has way less frames in any given episode. But that's sort of the reason this style of animation exists, the sad truth is it's just far more manageable to deal with. 

I'm no real fan of the trend either but aside from an few great TV shows there isn't much to compare it to these days. It's just how it's going to be.

People still watch cartoon network? Guess im just old

Never watched it but I doubt Johnny Test deserves this kind of animosity. It's very flash-esque but it's not like it's badly animated or anything, a typical Anime has way less frames in any given episode. But that's sort of the reason this style of animation exists, the sad truth is it's just far more manageable to deal with. 

I'm no real fan of the trend either but aside from an few great TV shows there isn't much to compare it to these days. It's just how it's going to be.

Well, it's repulsed because it has lasted for so long compared to other shows out there. 

Oh goody! Compared to the Total Drama Series, another Teletoon show which, honestly is actually tolerable for me thanks to a good batch of characters, it's about time Johnny Test bit the dust. The jokes were so stale it just became one of the shows on my "background noise while I game on my 3DS" list. I can't believe for a fact it lasted this long though. I guess Canada was eating it up until now.

• Like 1

As a Canadian I can assure you I wasn't eating it up at all. In fact none of the cartoons from Teletoon I watch at all. Actually scratch that too - I rarely watch any western Cartoons these days aside from Rick and Morty (which I -really- need to catch up on I'm 29409249302 eps behind) and the odd time Regular Show. I'm more of an older Warner Bros. kinda guy.

Obligatory.

I'm not sad to see this show go at all but I'm sure something will take its place. That much of an evil can not leave without another presence filling its void. We must continue the sacrifice of good cartoons to appease the beasts

And then people will start waxing nostalagic over bad cartoons. Who, honestly, rembers Touché Turtle or Stone Protectors?

You know, people in their twenties don't usually do the whole ranting in the school yard about how stupid Barney and Friends is thing. With shows like this, you pretty much accept that it isn't for you and move on with your life.

Well there isn't as much nostalgia for PBS.

• 1 month later...

Well, it's repulsed because it has lasted for so long compared to other shows out there. 

It's more that it stole time slots from other really good shows. Completely cock blocking them from being successful because rather than let the show build a fan base, constant shifting of time slots completely obliterated any chance for a fan base of sizable quantity to develop. All too often, these time slots were filled by sub-par shows, in particular Johnny Quest. As a result, the show has garnered much hate from fans of these other shows as it was seen as a "time slot thief" that ruined perfectly amazing shows from having a chance to get off the ground.

• 1 month later...