A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic World Remix - A SGDK remake

Hey people! I just finished the version 1 of the remake of Sonic World. Here below some pics and a small video footage.

After some feedback, I could track and correct some stuff needed before posting a topic. Unfortunatelly I coudn't go after all issues now. But they will be in list for version 2, with the interiors, missions and some small things that I coudnt do now, since I have some imediate work to do this month and go back to my official project, SSH, that will be footaged still this year and will be in next year Sage with some levels. Everyone can expect something big in this other project, since it is a big headache to make it!

If I not go with Sonic World to this Sage, is due to some inexplicable problems to make executables in my PC, I tried everything, formatting, reinstalling UDK, several configs, I must be doing something wrong.

Well, here it goes:

Overview1_zps0e3541e4.pngOverview2_zpsa4654ccb.pngUnderwater_zps11e5825c.pngMusicShoacutep_zps91960d8b.pngGallery_zpsd40dc32a.pnghistory_zps52b39905.pngCinema_zps3e134547.pngExit_zps86112ac3.png

• Like 4

Pretty good, I like it ! It's a good to idea to do a remake of sonic world from sonic jam. Good luck in the rest ! ;)

Seem legit. Not much else could be said other then good luck!

Sorry for the late reply, thanks for the appreciation and votes. I hope this project also helps incentive people into 3d fan gaming. Who knows?

• Like 1

Looks too... sonic 2006 outside of the music it doesn't capture the color an whimsy of the original.
A lot of that is attributed to the shaders and realistic textures and lighting.
construction wise its cool bu the look it too "realistic" to be sonic jam

Looks too... sonic 2006 outside of the music it doesn't capture the color an whimsy of the original.

A lot of that is attributed to the shaders and realistic textures and lighting.

construction wise its cool bu the look it too "realistic" to be sonic jam

Sonic 06, really? hahaha. Why do you think that, because it looks somewhat realistic? I thought about pushing the rocks and patterns into detail while still making something abstract to real world. Actually always thought about the classic sonic games art style as realistic in an abstract way, like, for me, was definitelly not a cartoon style, nowdays is starting to getting more to this cartoon feel.

Now the colors, I really never was good with it. And look that I tried many improvements after hearing feedback to make color and light better.

Maybe is really a whimsy of the original as you said, still, seems that it was the result I was trying to achieve and cant be changed at this point.

Hm...  Try increasing your ambient light a tad, get a more vibrant skybox, and perhaps adjust your fog a bit if there is any.  Those might be what's making it look a tad washed out despite vibrant objects.

The skydome vibrance was one of the last things I did, it was very dark before, I was able to increse the ambient light a bit, but the skydome not, because more bright start to making hard to see the clouds and a lot of light came of it. And the fog was really low, so that is was not appearing. But it look like the walls need more color like one of the feedback I got, when I fix this, peraphs the washness will be gone completelly. Thanks.