A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

I'm making a classic-style game that features Shadow. If Shadow was in the classic games, what abilities would he have to set him apart from Sonic?

Keep in mind, Sonic has these abilities in the game:

-Spindash

-Peelout

-Roll and Unroll on demand

Also remember that these abilities should be versatile and relevant to the classic games, not a tacked on feature.

(Also, if you can think of abilities for anyone else, I'm all ears.)

Edited by Riseodvi
  • Like 1

@WreckingPrograms

That mid-air dash would actually be pretty useful. As for the teleport, it seems like it would be too easy to cause glitches.

I think I might use that mid-air dash as an ability...

@Neo_Fire_Sonic

The problem with those abilities is that they'd feel a bit out of place, though I guess a toned down version of a Chaos Blast would be cool in a boss fight..

Shadow is clearly meant to be an anti-Sonic. So do it.

Make him the opposite of Sonic. Instead of making him go foward and backwards with the fireshield, make him go diagonaly or upwards, whatever. Instead of bouncing down with the bubble shield, make it so the shield does sort of a small double jump. Instead of double jumping with the eletric shield make it so Shadow does a jump cancel towards the floor at a very fast speed, like a lightning bolt.

Keep the insta-shield, call it "Insta-Chaos", change the color or the effect and perhaps upgrade it radius a little bit.

Done, you got yourself a cool Shadow that is not OP nor breaks the game's flow.

• Like 4

*P3DRO's post*

That's actually an awesome idea... and the thing is that it actually wouldn't be too hard too program.

Y'know, I'm still open to ideas, but Pedro, that idea is brilliant.

If I release my game, are you cool with me using that?

Be able to turn into a ball in mid-air without altering the speed or momentum, like in the Game Gear games, it makes a great difference.

I actually have that set for Sonic. Along with his uncurl-from-a-roll and peelout ability, he's kind of meant to be the "efficiency" character in that he can change from state-to-state on demand. Thanks for bringing it up though, it's something that should be in all Sonic games.

Oh, and what's up with your avatar now? Creepin' me out...

EDIT: OKAY YOU LITERALLY JUST CHANGED YOU AVATAR RIGHT AS I SAID THAT LAST PART WUT GIVES>?

Edited by Riseodvi