A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Gaming Bummers aka "ugh...why did I actually play this?"

The one Metroid game that stands out as stank. MP Hunters could have been good, but those controls are so terrible, they should have saved it for 3DS, that would have been awesome. I remember getting this for my birthday and regretting it so much, I played in the SA2B Chao garden to numb the pain.

Metroid Prime Hunters, first case of a game i legitimately Loathe. I feel this is worse than other M, this is my personal Sonic 06.

The one Metroid game that stands out as stank. MP Hunters could have been good, but those controls are so terrible, they should have saved it for 3DS, that would have been awesome. I remember getting this for my birthday and regretting it so much, I played in the SA2B Chao garden to numb the pain.

Guys, to each his own, but to me, MP Hunters was a neat little game to me. And I did not mind the controls, because I didn't see any other controls that could have worked for the DS.

I guess my Gaming Bummer has to be Sonic Genesis. I thought "Oh, I get to play Sonic 1... but ON-THE-GO!"

Almost wanted to burn the cartridge by the end of that night.

Edited by AnOrdinarySonicFan
  • Like 1

I've discovered PSP emulation recently and started playing Mega Man: Powered Up for the first time a month or two ago. It has good parts, but sometimes it's hard to tell whether the game is challenging or just poorly-designed.

I play through the original Mega Man games with no problem, but then again it's Mega Man, so a few sucker punches are to be expected. Something just feels off about it though, even in Original Style mode. Maverick Hunter X on the other hand is superb.

Edited by Chex

Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon.

I was buying a bunch of games for my DS used on a spree, and I picked this one up based on the name alone.

But as I started playing, one thing really bugged the shit out of me.

Just look at this battle animation.

IT LOOKS SO FUCKING BAD. Gah

Compared to Sacred Stones (for GBA), which I loved:

Limited by the GBA's hardware, yet still pleasing on the eyes.

Maybe that's just me. But it absolutely ruin the DS game for me. I can't play it.

Edited by 1LT Worm

• 4 months later...

Sonic Lost World:

I was expecting it to be okay at worst. Instead, it was everything the Adventure fans were shouting at the game for. Plastic graphics, forgettable music, an overload of wonky gimmicks, characters that ranged from annoying to outright offensive, nonsensical level design, and a horrendous storyline. I was then won over to the Adventure fans' side.