A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Mega Drive SAGE demo download

Felik

mR4F2Ek.png

So here is new new HUD. I'm gonna make it possible to chose between traditional HUD and modernized HUD. Any thoughts?

I think in your HUD need to add more colors, because it just yellow - it's too easy

Whether or not its "too easy" hardly matters with a HUD. All that matters is that it does it's job and that it does it well.

The number of rings should be immediately to the right of the "RINGS" and aligned to the left rather than aligned to center like it currently is. The rest of the HUD could be further in the game space as well, I'd say make it's distance from the center of the screen match that of the lives counter.

Other than that I think this could work. Having a toggle for a different HUD isn't a bad idea either. 

bpecM7Q.png

The number of rings should be immediately to the right of the "RINGS" and aligned to the left rather than aligned to center like it currently is. 

It actually is centered to the right and it will stay that way for classic HUD because, well, it's classic HUD and should remain as that)

Edited by Felik

Do you plan more zones rather than the Emerald Coast style zone?

As I said only if enough people will actively contribute to the project. Don't get me wrong, I'm not blackmailing or something like that. But I spent good 6 years on a fangame and I'm 100% I'm not finishing this if I gotta do 99% of work by myself.

He's got the whole game planned out with people working on different zones as we speak, me included. They've got a lot of variety.

The HUD looks fine the way it is now, I don't see any reason to mess with it further.

Actually you are the only semi-active level layout contributor so far. I've got some people making music and two good sprite artists who are not lazy asses.

All other "helpers" only said they really want to help but did not do shit.

One person said he's gonna help but he only wanted me to seduce to scrap all of my work done in MMF2 and switch to Construct and then he disappeared in vain. One person said he wants to help and I sent him a demo and only asked to record a playthrough and send to me, he didn't even do that, and that person is quite a respectable member of this community.

So most people who wanted to help came out to be lazy asses or just didn't really want to help in the first place.

• 3 weeks later...

Oh dear, classic redux number #3409552... 

Well, this game does promise utmost fidelty to the originals...

As I said only if enough people will actively contribute to the project. Don't get me wrong, I'm not blackmailing or something like that. But I spent good 6 years on a fangame and I'm 100% I'm not finishing this if I gotta do 99% of work by myself.

Actually you are the only semi-active level layout contributor so far. I've got some people making music and two good sprite artists who are not lazy asses.

All other "helpers" only said they really want to help but did not do shit.

One person said he's gonna help but he only wanted me to seduce to scrap all of my work done in MMF2 and switch to Construct and then he disappeared in vain. One person said he wants to help and I sent him a demo and only asked to record a playthrough and send to me, he didn't even do that, and that person is quite a respectable member of this community.

So most people who wanted to help came out to be lazy asses or just didn't really want to help in the first place.

Deciding to cancel a fan-game, and then leave the fan-game community forever, simply because people will not aid you is indeed a VERY selfish thing to do and borders on blackmail. Try to do it yourself. 

P.S.: I'd gladly sprite for you, if I only had a tablet and stylus, rather than having to rely on a stinkin' MOUSEPAD to work with (unless splices are acceptable)!

Edited by Miru

Deciding to cancel a fan-game, and then leave the fan-game community forever, simply because people will not aid you is indeed a VERY selfish thing to do and borders on blackmail.

How so? I'm being honest with people and don't want to raise their expectations for no good reason.

I'm just trying to make a really good classic Sonic game. So it's more like "let's make a great game together" rather than "help me to make MY game". I'd be really glad if someone with the same aspiration as mine and good MMF2/CF2,5 programming skill jumped in as a partner rather than helper.

Try to do it yourself. 

Tried it. It's too slow and hard. Also my talents are limited. So no for that matter

Edited by Felik
  • Like 1

Plus everyone's not a lake.

Yeah I'm not a lake. I'm more like a river :rolleyes:

Also before starting the project I contacted (or at least tried) a dozen of talented people who were (or are being) involved in making a classic MMF-based fangames in the past to start a game together or to jump onto their projects. But unfortunately things didn't work out as you see.

Well anyways, this SAGE will be the ultimate test if making this game is a worthwile idea or not. So let's wait till then and see!

• 4 weeks later...

I'm sorry, but I hate what I see. It seems so generic you might as well turn it into a parody.

Are you gonna actually compliment anyone?! All I've ever seen you do is just bash fan games; you've called both mine and Felik's generic in the same damn night! I don't think you appreciate the amount of work that goes into making a fan game.

• Like 1

Are you gonna actually compliment anyone?! All I've ever seen you do is just bash fan games; you've called both mine and Felik's generic in the same damn night! I don't think you appreciate the amount of work that goes into making a fan game.

I do like the LakeFeperd ones, and I apologize for calling yours "generic", realizing the care put into the game.

I also like the E-122 Psi hacks, Sonic World, and several others.

Edited by Miru

I do like the LakeFeperd ones, and I apologize for calling yours "generic", realizing the care put into the game.

I also like the E-122 Psi hacks, Sonic World, and several others.

Everyone and theirgoddamn dog likes Lake Fepard.

Edited by InfinityAlex