A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Mega Drive SAGE demo download

Felik

Everyone and theirgoddamn dog likes Lake Fepard.

Not really his games are alright. Visually they are impresseve compared to the Sonic fan game standard before BTS.

But game play wise some of his game can be seen as a sore given the lenght and streamlined levels.

-

His games are good but i dont think the "hype is real" although i do look forward to his next game

I'm sorry, but I hate what I see. It seems so generic you might as well turn it into a parody.

I do ask why do you feel it looks generic.

What about it dont you like? Maybe it could be adressed idk

Edited by Pulse0

Well, it's trying to be incredibly accurate to the vintage games, when we already have a couple hundred fan games that do that. I prefer fan games that being new experiences. For example, even though many Mugen characters are very accurate to the source, it is best to make them fight characters from outside their home games.

Edited by Miru

Well, it's trying to be incredibly accurate to the vintage games, when we already have a couple hundred fan games that do that. I prefer fan games that being new experiences.

For one I can aready tell you, its missing a wall pattern alike all the classic games posess, so it kinda  strays from the Classic Classic look.

2ndly what if that the idea to be like the vintage games, I mean the name is Mega Drive, so its already stating that its made to be a classic off shoot so why expect something too diffrent. {as much as people try to do the vintiage thing I cant really count them cause they use recycled Edited tiles; hence it gives a seen be for vibe. (but that just me)}

3rdly Graphics alone dont make new experinces. Yea guess the look shapes your opinion but come on you cant like Lake's games and say that of all stages espcially the intro stages. Who knows the game might suprise you

(well thats the way i see it)

• 3 weeks later...

If a Sonic fangame can't strike a balance between spectacle and difficulty, it should at least hit the ground running in either direction. It can be said that Mega Drive leans on the spectacle side hard, but that's not to say it plays badly. Sonic controls well enough to allow me to fully appreciate the cool things this game has to offer, from gimmicks to hidden treasure to surprise boss fights. It will catch people off guard that you cannot use the spin-dash at the beginning, but it's easy enough to adapt until it becomes available. Overall, I was pleasantly surprised and entertained. Keep it coming, boss!

Edited by VectorSatyr

Sonic Mega Drive is the surprise of SAGE this year for me. 

I was expecting an above-average 'classic' styled game (which to be honest is what we get in bunches every year), but I was actually blown away from my initial expectations. The game's really fun, has great level design and the gimmicks are really great! Also, the art style works much better than I expected it to, and the sprite work for a lot of it was dang good.

Very glad that I was surprised. Awesome job! Can't wait for more of this.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello, Felik.

Ummm... My question is since im very bored do you need a music track or two for your game.

I really have no inspiration of my own so I want some ideas I can turn into music while helping others :)

So if you would want me to do something... just Skype me at mrpixelclassics and tell me what to do!

-EDIT-

Forgot to mentoine, I can use mmf2 pretty well and i can also do some sprite art as well!

Edited by PixelClassics

• 2 months later...

Hi there. I notice that you merge a few (or more) sprites together from what I've saw with the recent two image you posted. I have some good ruin theme sprites that I've thought you need (and yes they're from a game, a really good game that is). So what do you say? :ssmile: 

Well this was ment to be send as a private message but when I send it, a red notification said that you cannot received anymore new message...inbox full? 

Your graphics are really good but you submitted them to like 3 other projects. I know you're proud of them and want them to appear in many fangames but I'd rather have exclusive stuff.

But if you have something specially for me I'd happily use them.

Also I cleared my inbox

Edited by Felik

Your graphics are really good but you submitted them to like 3 other projects. I know you're proud of them and want them to appear in many fangames but I'd rather have exclusive stuff.

But if you have something specially for me I'd happily use them.

Also I cleared my inbox

Thank you for clearing them and I'm happy to contribute anyway I could. And yes they will be exclusive for you.