A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Mega Drive SAGE demo download

Felik

Here we go. I've always wanted to try myself in making a pure classic fangame with accurate physics and good gameplay (if that tells you anything). So I decided to give fangaming one more try.

Currently the game has a pretty accurate classic engine replica in MMF2 (I'd even say it's as accurate as MMF2 engine can get). Most thing are done (Sonic Fusion's engine came out to be a pretty good base for a classic engine).

My current plans for the game to have are several 2-act zones with acts being fairly different (I'd say a little bit more different that S3&K acts were) in tone and gameplay with a boss fight after every level and a final boss.
My goal is to make every act feature a different style of leveldesign philosophy. For example Tropical Madness zone act 1 (shown level) being somewhat similar to Emerald hill leveldesign-wise and act 2 being more of an Angel Island.
Also major feature of the game is going to be co-op multiplayer (Sonic & Tails) with a bigger emphasis on level gimmicks and lesser on puzzles and Sonic-Tails titular flight mode.

So why do I show this so early in development would you ask? Answer is simple. I just don't see it being finished by myself alone. I've spent good 6 years making Sonic Fusion and I just don't see myself dedicating another 5 or so years for a fangame. But I still am very eager to make a spectacular Sonic fangame that's be on par with classic Sonic installments.

So I'd like to openly ask here if any skilled person would like to join me in my quest of making an ultimate classic Sonic fangame. A MMF2 user would great but the project is also in need in good spriters, musicians and level designers. Practically anyone who's passionate and is skillful (or at least descent) in anything fangamemaking related.

Screenies:
FhEQK4s.png?1?8571KcYIZ7H.png?1
SCnxyyP.png?1
Edited by Felik
  • Like 15

This looks pretty wicked so far dude. I love how even though you're showing the obligatory 'green' level, the more Angel Island kind of vibe really differentiates itself from the others that generally get posted. The fact that it gives me more of a Sonic 3&K feeling too is awesome as a lot of fangames around here I find tend to lean towards Sonic 1/2/CD while 3&K is my fave in the series :>

Hello I present jérémy kennel I am French, I try to make myself a sonic game resembling those on megadrive sonic and knuckles as. I saw your game it's excellent air if you wish we could play our sets that progresses more rapidly. I have a friend who helps me when he can for sprites. 

At the moment the game engine is done with the sonic world engine which is great but a bit complex what do you use for your engine? You can see a little of our community https://plus.google.com/ u/0/communities/115879166569684926624? CFEM = 1 soon I hope

Thanks for kind words, guys.

I hope this goes somewhere.

I hope so either. But as I said there's no possible way for me to finish this thing alone. If I won't find anyone interested to become and active contributor (or even become a partner with me), I will have to cancel it and leave fangaming scene for good.

I'll definetely help you out as much as I can, not sure how much my music can fit this game but let's really break the boundaries this time.

I'll help out with the music, I really hope this happens! :)

That'd be great!

Also guys I steel need someone to  help me with level layouts.

Depending on development of my game goes, I might actually have time available for something like this and it'd be pretty nice to work on something else for a little bit, even if its just for one level or so. I won't know for sure about this for another 2-3 weeks though. How traditional is the level design going be? It sounds like its following S3&K's level formula with a little bit of co-op thrown in. 

Depending on development of my game goes, I might actually have time available for something like this and it'd be pretty nice to work on something else for a little bit, even if its just for one level or so. I won't know for sure about this for another 2-3 weeks though. How traditional is the level design going be? It sounds like its following S3&K's level formula with a little bit of co-op thrown in. 

My goal is to make every act feature a different style of leveldesign philosophy. For example Tropical Madness zone act 1 (shown level) being somewhat similar to Emerald hill leveldesign-wise and act 2 being more of an Angel Island.

Co-op will have the same levels as single player mode with edited object placement and some additional gimmicks to take advantage of gameplay novelties that co-op would introduce. Also bosses behavior will take co-op into account.

Edited by Felik

• 3 weeks later...