A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Speed Fighters 2

As the title says, yes its a sequel. And no we won't be going into what the first one was

sonic speed fighters 2 by me is being made with the fighting game engine M.U.G.E.N(mugen 1.0 to be specific)

I'm trying to make it so every character plays similar to the fighting game style of MvC(marvel vs capcom) but instead with sonic stuff

yes there are also fancharacters, but i won't be going into that either now

EDIT:::

another newer video

now as for what characters are going to be in this game, any you see in the video are obviously in.

Sage 2014 Act 2 Sonic Speed Fighters 2 Demo Downloads

http://www.mediafire.com/download/sq15bg564vdv84z/Ssf2+Demo+Version2.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ol9zo2v8pding1i/ssf2demomovelists.zip

also apparently i screwed up so heres one thing you also have to download(required)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/3s9724vq6o9dyak/Missing+stage+file.zip

(put this file in the "stages" folder)

Edited by Neo_Fire_Sonic
  • Like 2

except i can promise you mine will not be abandoned

Oh boy. You just jinxed yourself. I've never seen someone in this community say these exact words and actually develop a full game.

The Sonic fandom is cursed, you see, they never finish their fangames. Doesn't matter how large the teams are or how small the project may be.

Oh boy. You just jinxed yourself. I've never seen someone in this community say these exact words and actually develop a full game.

The Sonic fandom is cursed, you see, they never finish their fangames. Doesn't matter how large the teams are or how small the project may be.

:P whatever, we'll see.

thing is i'm the only one making sonic related things for mugen now, so i really HAVE to finish it.

also

update, new character

iFv5rG0.png

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I loved the first sonic fighters, this one just feels like a generic 2d fighter, i wish you have done sonic fighters 2 in mixture of 2d and 3d.

I don't know if you know this, but Mugen is a 2-D fighting game engine. You can't make Mugen 3-D like games like Super Street Fighter 4 or something like Marvel vs Capcom 3

But also, if you noticed, for various sprites, the effects are not completely 2-D for example

50bhoXp.png

Sonic's Sonic Wind attack isn't something you can just draw normally, like in many 2-D games use 3-D effects

besides if you wanted a new 3-D sonic fighting game you'd be asking for something you'd never get.

ok just so everyone knows there is 1 character missing from sonic speed fighters 2, meaning i have not decided for this last one. because now i have 3 out of the 4 confirmed to be made now

here is obvious mockup(even though most likely the screen will look like that.)

2XxZy7I.png

as you can see, i need another idea for a character.

if you want, please suggest.

(if i shoot down what you say don't be discouraged to not give any more suggestions :D )

Edited by Neo_Fire_Sonic

cream is a definite no

Why?

for this game, everyone is 6 button, there are no other sprites of cream out there

amy.... eh.......................

if i were to put amy it really needs to be this amy

8771819f-f000-490d-a8e0-cdca5c4a62d2-620

:scool:

I'll think about it but really...................IWANTDISONE

Edited by Neo_Fire_Sonic