A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

This looks really good! Loving Prism Palace and Fairie Forest, but I think the desert level is somewhat generic. I'd suggest not using Desert Dazzle tiles.

Thank you. Also I'm not using Desert Dazzle tiles, funny thing is that I originally wanting to add Desert Dazzle but then again I want to try something unusual.

This is going to be at SAGExpo? Well that is welcome news for certain. We had a lot of great games last time but I am hoping we get more classic styled fan games next time.

Yes this game will be at the SAGExpo and the good thing is that this game is more classic styled.

Haven Home World is a mixutre of Sonic 3 and Sonic CD (without the time travel, decided to scrap it since that would have taken alot of time out of us). I'll spoil something here......upgrade shields (and two new elements as well). More info and stuff will be announce on my deviantart page.

Hey guy! Didn't know you're here. So what do you think of the project? Badass huh?

Yea it still looks pretty badass.

This is going to be at SAGExpo? Well that is welcome news for certain. We had a lot of great games last time but I am hoping we get more classic styled fan games next time.

Act 1: Modren games

Act 2: Classic Games

Sounds legit

Edited by Kessler12

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone. I have new updates on the game progress. Well my team have to start all over working on the game again because the engine went crazy and would let me play the beta demo they put together, so they check it out and the errors they found were ridiculous (it was really frustraiting).

So now we're shorting the game. The demo for the SAGExpo Act 2 will have 3 zones but one act only (Faerie Forest, Prism Palace, and Sakabu Sand), just to make the file size shorter (we even use Mp3 instead of WAV because the ridiculous size that the WAV took up).

So everything coming out good and I have a new mock up I want to share with you that will also be added to our full fan game.

FutureshockFreeway-FinalMix_zps5edc8efc.

Futureshock Freeway is a second to the last zone, "Chaos Citadel" (no mock up yet but it's being in progress). Futureshock Freeway is like a clone to the stardust speedway bad future version but as a place near Eggman stronghold place. And yes there will be a Metal Sonic race like fight (possible CD style or Generation style).

The game has 3 more new zones being made into the full game by Wakaflockaflame1 and TheRaginLion (a new update will shortly be here with new mock ups by the team).

Colosseum Chaos

Calm Coastline (name not finalize from Waka)

Despoil Dystopia

Greenhouse Garden (forgot to add, sorry)

That's all for the updates/ news for now. If you have any questions or suggestions I'll hear them. K

Here's some more updates:

Videos development by my bro Lion (note: these are very old videos)

Edited by DarkVampireDee
  • Like 3

Hate to sound like a broken record but this is looking lovely. Word of advice though, the water distortion in the 2nd video is a bit intense. Maybe dial it back a little.

Thanks but the special effects are not in my department. But I do like the first water distortion than the second. I'll think about your advice. 

Uhm yeah wow that water distortion is beyond disorienting. Something like that should be subtle rather than mind exploding. This is looking fantastically put together though.

It's alright. Remember, I said these videos are old and we might change it up at one point. Thank you for your concerns.

• 4 weeks later...

Here's more previews from my game and I hope you like them (Note: They're mock up)

This is a finalize version of Futureshock Freeway, background and colors got remade.
FutureshockFreeway-FinalMix_zpsbac4bf4d.
This one is the final stage for our full game (coming soon this summer...fall maybe)
"Chaos Citadel", Robotnik final fortress zone and yes Sonic looked piss off cause the zone is still under contruction.
R10-ChaosCitadel-Unfinish_zps4f36dfd0.pn
More updates coming soon (the next one will have more info such as the zone list!)

Edited by DarkVampireDee
  • Like 3

I really love the way Chaos Citadel looks so far: the colors all compliment each other pretty nicely and is pleasing to the eyes.

As for Futureshock Freeway, I like the foreground: it has a pretty interesting pattern and the lamp posts (I'm assuming they're lamp posts) look really funky. As for the bg, I love the purple buildings and the tunnel, but I don't really feel the green buildings in the very back suit the other colors well: You have a lot of purple and yellows that complement each other, but then you have the green that looks completely out of place and offsets the rest of the colors. And then the clouds: the clouds look kinda gaudy with both the pinkish purple and the dark green sky.

Still, I'm really looking forward to this game, so keep up the good work.

These levels look outstanding imdividually, but I'm a bit worried that all 3 zones you showed us so far have pretty similar palettes, it may become tiring especially if you decide to make 3 acts per zone.

These levels look outstanding imdividually, but I'm a bit worried that all 3 zones you showed us so far have pretty similar palettes, it may become tiring especially if you decide to make 3 acts per zone.

There are 5 zones so far...

Edited by Spykid

I really love the way Chaos Citadel looks so far: the colors all compliment each other pretty nicely and is pleasing to the eyes.

As for Futureshock Freeway, I like the foreground: it has a pretty interesting pattern and the lamp posts (I'm assuming they're lamp posts) look really funky. As for the bg, I love the purple buildings and the tunnel, but I don't really feel the green buildings in the very back suit the other colors well: You have a lot of purple and yellows that complement each other, but then you have the green that looks completely out of place and offsets the rest of the colors. And then the clouds: the clouds look kinda gaudy with both the pinkish purple and the dark green sky.

Still, I'm really looking forward to this game, so keep up the good work.

thanks man and yes they're lamp post. I might change the color green to something else and maybe the purple sky too...hmmm...any ideas? Hey maybe I'll extend the demo with extra zones too. 

Thank you but selecting colors is a bit difficult for me. I'll try to experiment alittle more or maybe you can offer what color you're expecting from my zones. I'm still open to ideas and suggestions.