A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Atlus new releases

GSF

So, all four titles:

Persona Dancing All Night for Vita (eh...)

Persona Q for 3DS (okay...)

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax Ultra Suplex Hold for PS360 (yay!)

and

Persona 5 for PS3 (in 2015)

...are all confirmed for NA releases! Rejoice. Come on ila, time to Dance All Night.

See, people? Sega did not fuck this up... Atlus is still alive and kicking.

• 2 weeks later...

Persona 4 and Odin Sphere are the only 2 games from Atlus that i like because the other games are kinda meh in my opinion, and even if they are with sega now i personaly dont think they could do more than they usually do (But if they did a Phantasy Star Universe 4...) anyway let's see about this games (that was totally obvious since Persona is the only franchise thatis more successful)

Persona Dancing All Night :Ehhh the idea of a Dance Dance Revolution with Shin Megami Tensei Persona 4 is kinda....lame in my opinion, i know Yu is pretty badass and good looking but he is not a DDR character andi think this game is more for the sake of keep making money from the franchise at any cost than a real game that counts

Persona Q : I didnt saw this game yet so i cant say much about it, all i know is that people loves it and is kinda neat

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax : Seriously? another fighting game? why? why dont take the characters and story of the fighting games and i dont know merge it with PERSONA 5? kinda uneccesary there atlus as always

Persona 5 : Well...this one was kinda expected since how the 2 other games ends, one with the main character sealed in another world and Yu goes off like nothing has happend when indeed is happening, so for what i heard the bes way to "conclude" both games is with this game being the SEES and the Special Investigation Team teamed up, but i think that's not how things are going to be, instead some kind of new team doing almost the same thing the other 2 did and leaving a hint for a Persona 6 or a FES/Golden type of game, i mean i like the Persona Series specially the later 2 but i think is getting a little old this thing of "Persona" and the innerself/alterego with grim and creepy assets with a post apocaliptic or almost reaching that state of devastation that just a bunch of kids can prevent, i mean i like the games that Atlus does but as much as i like them im getting bored of the same kind of story over and over again i mean the japanese people love the same thing over and over again (Dynasty Warriors and Super Robot Wars is an perfect example of that) but i kinda like to see another kind of game from Atlus, like a new kind of KH maybe or an FPS RPG like System Shock or Bioshock but with their style.

@Gear: Atlus only published Odin Sphere. The developer is the rather lesser known Vanillaware.
Other Vanillaware titles are Princess Crown (DC, JP only), GrimGrimoire (PS2), Muramasa (Wii/Vita) and Dragon's Crown (PS3/Vita). Since you liked OS, you might want to check out Muramasa.

Ultimax isn't really a new fighting game. It's more like a Street Fighter 2 case (new characters, mechanics, etc). So yeah, it'd mean shelling out more, and it will likely be the second PS3 game to have region lock.

The other titles don't really interest me. P5 hype all the way.

I find your comment about the Japanese loving the same thing over again rather funny. It's not just them *cough*Halo*cough*CoD*cough*EA*cough*

Anyway, Atlus mostly works with turn based RPGs. Arc System Works took care of the fighting game, which was a great move. So don't expect something like Bioshock out from them. They stick to what works, which for the time being is Persona.

• 4 months later...

So Adachi got confirmed for Ultimax. He's a bonus character that comes with your pre-order and has his own character episode. I would have been hyped for him, if not for the fact he's stealing Terumi from Blazblue's entire gameplay schtick which seems out of character for someone like Adachi. So instead, my attention is focused on Persona 4 Golden's Marie, who will be the first DLC character after the game is out. I loved her character in Golden, so I'll definetly be maining her.

What are your thoughts on the new DLC characters?

Marie a shit. I hate how she's being shoehorned into everything - P4GA is basically P4A + extra Marie scenes after credits. I had enough with the first anime, so I'll just wait for the next P3 movie part to come out instead.

I'm more hyped for Junpei, the other new guy and Yukari.

Oh yeah, by the way: Persona Q release date for NA confirmed to be Nov. 25 - get hype.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Finally we get more P5!

...and I'm not too keen on the logo. I'm 99% sure that PERSONA5 is in freaking Arial typeface. Logo reminds me of racing for some reason.

Over at Japan, they're calling the MC 'Potter' now. And to demonstrate the dedication of people with too much free time in their hands, here's an extended trailer!

Oh, and it's coming out on PS4 as well. Neat, but I hope both versions are identical.

I like the new MC. Although I hope he actually has a personality and voice this time around. The silent protags are getting boring...and what is even the point if spin offs and anime adaptions make them talk and flesh out their character anyway? Just include it in the game already! Hope they reveal his name and his friends soon.

• 4 weeks later...

Hate to spoil it for you, but that's always how Shin Megami Tensei protags have been and it will most likely stay that way for the long run.

P5 trailer is neat. Also Persona 4 Dancing has been delayed to 2015 and for some reason Chie, Kanji, and Yosuke are in it now. Yukiko is MIA and I'm annoyed.