A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

So if anyone has any suggestions, questions, bug reports, or you want to leave feedback make a post here and I will respond as best I can.

and since this is my first introduction to the community here,

Hello I'm Renhoek I've made many fan projects and I'm a huge Sonic fan, I've spent years trying to create a Sonic fangame and after many attempts I've decided to remake sonic 1 8-bit.

I hope everyone who played the demo had fun. And now I want to see how clever this community is.

There's a total of 8 secrets that can be activated on the title screen and 1 Easter egg that can be activated at the disclaimer screen.

I'll give a small hint for each cheat discovered.

As for the first cheat it can be found in the screenshots at the SAGE booth.

I love this game! It's a shame no one thought of doing this sooner, but I think the sprites would be more cohesive if you used the custom S2 styled Knux sprites instead of the S3 style. Also, I'd suggesting having options for the mid air roll (Sonic Chaos, Triple Trouble, Time Twisted) and a Homing Attack (I know this is a Classic game, but it's not like the Homing Attack would be forced). Also, wondering who those other two hedgehogs are... :/

Anyway, this is looking great so far, so keep up the good work!

Here are the Knuckles sprites:

post-136-0-71334300-1393362535_thumb.png

I thought it was pretty fun and a neat concept, although the collision with the springs are very weird. It's hard to time jumps since they seem to shoot you off with even the slightest pixel touch, which has got me stuck in some areas of GHZ2 IIRC and a game over with the reverse spring at the beginning of Bridge 1.

I'm not to sure about including a Sonic 2 style knuckles as whenever sega put a knuckles mode it's always been the Sonic 3 Knuckles, however I'll put him in as a graphic option to cater to people who would like a S2 style knuckles.

As for the springs I didn't have enough time to fix them up in time for SAGE but I will try my best to get them to work correctly by the next demo.

Guest Mr Lange

The game crashes at the end of the first act, every time. NeoHazard has the same problem. Neither of us have been able to stream the full game because of it.

The game crashes at the end of the first act, every time. NeoHazard has the same problem. Neither of us have been able to stream the full game because of it.

Once I have some spare time I'll take a look and see if I can fix this.

Is there anyway you can pin point the exact moment the game crashes? (a Gif, Avi file, or even a picture?)

EDIT: Okay after looking into it I think I've found the solution to the problem.

Download this exe and place it in the same directory, this should fix any crashes.

https://www.mediafire.com/?47j27kswpa4v3vb

I've also added the download to the SAGE page.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Edited by Renhoek

I'm not to sure about including a Sonic 2 style knuckles as whenever sega put a knuckles mode it's always been the Sonic 3 Knuckles, however I'll put him in as a graphic option to cater to people who would like a S2 style knuckles.

As for the springs I didn't have enough time to fix them up in time for SAGE but I will try my best to get them to work correctly by the next demo.

I realise this, and I'm glad you're making it an option, but I just think it makes things a lot more cohesive with the Sonic 1/2 art style. Still, can't complain if it's in in some way or another.

• Like 1

Guest Mr Lange

Once I have some spare time I'll take a look and see if I can fix this.

Is there anyway you can pin point the exact moment the game crashes? (a Gif, Avi file, or even a picture?)

EDIT: Okay after looking into it I think I've found the solution to the problem.

Download this exe and place it in the same directory, this should fix any crashes.

https://www.mediafire.com/?47j27kswpa4v3vb

I've also added the download to the SAGE page.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

This solved nothing. I tried running both exes. The game always crashes right after the screen fades out after the results screen. I have yet to reach act 2.

I thought it was strange that the exe you sent is labeled "Windows 8". I'm running Windows 7. I don't understand why placing it in the same directory would fix anything. The Windows 8 exe works, but the game runs slowly, and it still crashes just the same.

Damn it, I was thinking it was a problem with the sound looping at the result screen.

it's weird that shouldn't be causing a crash.

Thanks for telling me where the game crashes I'll see if I can fix it now and I'll edit this post once it's ready. (I apologies if it still crashes in advance I use windows 7 and it works fine for me.)

EDIT: Again I'm sorry about the sloppiness real life really wants to keep me from working on this, plus the fact that the game doesn't crash on my computer isn't helping either.

https://www.mediafire.com/?r76tcwh40h3201q

Please let me know if this works. If it doesn't work I apologize and I'll try and fix it as soon as I'm free again. (I'm actually cutting it close I was supposed to leave about 2 minutes ago)

Edited by Renhoek

Tried it twice. Nothing has changed.

Okay well onto plan B,

This doesn't necessarily fix the bug but this does add a level select to the menu so you can just skip to where you were, I'm so sorry I couldn't get the crash fixed.

https://www.mediafire.com/?vds9bt7vleq1z1p

I'll need someone to volunteer (it must be crashing at the end of act 1) to do some tests for me so I can nail the problem and get the next demo ready.

Thank you to everyone who was patient enough to but up with this annoying crash.

Anyone having lag with the game or are crashing I've found the problem and I've fixed them.

EDIT: okay I made a but of a mistake but it's fixed just download again, let me know if there's any issues

https://www.mediafire.com/?siview90e9d0lis

I'm so sorry to those who've been waiting all Sage to play this but next Sage the game should go off without any problems this time.

Edited by Renhoek