A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Boom Video Game (Wii U/3DS)

Stritix

So much for Xbone and PS4 versions. I'm still not going to buy a Pii U.

Anyway, thought list:

0:10 - Big Red Button? So that explains the Jak/Ratchet vibes.

0:17 - Oh great, ancient land, blah blah blah - Perhaps a Lost World of sorts?

0:18 ~ 0:21 - I swear I thought I was looking at UT2004 maps.

0:23 - OH GOD THE ORIGINAL TRIO + AMY YES PLEASE

0:39 - Not the Sonic Heroes system again... (and wtf is up with that music?)

1:00 - What the hell is Grave Digger doing here?

Oh yeah, and Knuckles... what.

Summing up, I don't know what to think for the time being. A good thing is that it's finally a game that is not Sonic only. That music didn't sound very interesting though... I'd really like Naganuma to tackle another Sonic soundtrack, because the last thing I want is FREAKING DUBSTEP FFFFFFFFFFFF

I'd really like Naganuma to tackle another Sonic soundtrack, because the last thing I want is FREAKING DUBSTEP FFFFFFFFFFFF

Sonic lost world and generations got the same treatments for their trailers, so i wouldnt worry on that  regard. Ill wait untill theres more to see on the game before giving a more solid opinion.

I actually really do like what they have going so far: Buffles- I mean Knuckles looks the worst of the bunch to me. It's really uncanny valley worthy of how much of a drastic change he had. I think Sonic looks...okay: Not really that great, but he has some good things going for him. Tails and Amy look the best out of the bunch imo. Not only do I really like how Tails genuinely does look like both a pilot and a mechanic now, but Amy's new design surprisingly works in her favor.

So yeah, you can call me excited.

Continuing from my post in the other topic - I still hate this.

I get it, I am not the intended audience and I think I'm finally accepting my time with this franchise is nearing it's end. Sonic heavily relies on 'THE COOL' and always has and what kids today find cool and funny isn't the same things I do. So I mean unlike other properties I dig from my youth, such as Mega Man (if Capcom were to ever fucking use him again), I am finding myself becoming more embittered towards the franchise with each new release. I am finding myself no longer being the target audience and it's time to realize that and just stop giving a shit. I've got the games I enjoy playing still, I can play those whenever I feel like it.

I really hope the Xbox One/PS4 get some games other than this tripe but I feel I'm just gonna be disappointed there again too.

I think gaming needs some new, prominent Mascots. I know I've already become a huge Mighty No.9 fan so that's a start for me at least.

Continuing from my post in the other topic - I still hate this.

I get it, I am not the intended audience and I think I'm finally accepting my time with this franchise is nearing it's end. Sonic heavily relies on 'THE COOL' and always has and what kids today find cool and funny isn't the same things I do. So I mean unlike other properties I dig from my youth, such as Mega Man (if Capcom were to ever fucking use him again), I am finding myself becoming more embittered towards the franchise with each new release. I am finding myself no longer being the target audience and it's time to realize that and just stop giving a shit. I've got the games I enjoy playing still, I can play those whenever I feel like it.

I really hope the Xbox One/PS4 get some games other than this tripe but I feel I'm just gonna be disappointed there again too.

sigh...I'd hate to admit, but yep, I agree word for word. I feel like TMNT is the only thing that's still got the thunder after the test of time.

I for one think it's interesting to see designs that divert from what we are used to this dramatically (even if some of them are a tad ridiculous) and I like the fact that the stages don't just look like a bunch of shit suspended in the sky. And seeing a game by someone other than Sonic Team is a pretty big plus to me regardless of their background.

• Like 2

Holy crap, that gameplay looks interesting.  But I seriously can't look at Sonic or Knuckles at all.  It's just too painful.

If someone comes along and hacks it or they have DLC or something to replace those models, then I'll get it.  If not, I probably won't.

Edited by Nemox

Well, as for the background of said people...

Big Red Button is a spinoff of Naughty Dog, and Sanzaru (3ds team) made Sly 4 (which was actually quite fun).

Oh, and one more thing: Chris Senn - the X-Treme guy - works at Big Red Button.

If someone comes along and hacks it or they have DLC or something to replace those models, then I'll get it.  If not, I probably won't.

Hardly happening. 3DS is still unstable when it comes to homebrew and its NAND-zeroing asshole flashcarts, and Wii U... nobody even tries to do anything with it.

The DLC will most likely be alternate outfits and other dumb things such as 25 extra lives. This is designed to be a separate entity in the Sonic universe, it seems.

Oh, and it won't have a Japanese release.

Well, as for the background of said people...

Big Red Button is a spinoff of Naughty Dog, and Sanzaru (3ds team) made Sly 4 (which was actually quite fun).

Oh, and one more thing: Chris Senn - the X-Treme guy - works at Big Red Button.

Hardly happening. 3DS is still unstable when it comes to homebrew and its NAND-zeroing asshole flashcarts, and Wii U... nobody even tries to do anything with it.

The DLC will most likely be alternate outfits and other dumb things such as 25 extra lives. This is designed to be a separate entity in the Sonic universe, it seems.

Oh, and it won't have a Japanese release.

Well then, looks like I'll have plenty more money to waste on Elder Scrolls Online.

Since this game takes place in an alternate reality, I'm totally down with the new designs and gameplay they've cooked up. I'm really curious about how this game is going to turn out since it looks so different from any other sonic title out there, especially since SEGA has handed it off to two other super talented companies to design it.

Amy is my favorite so far, she looks so badass for once in her life.

• Like 2

Welp, Sonic and Knuckles are the only bad ones in the redesigns. Sonic looks bad because of the amount of bandages and the blue arms. Problem with the blue arms is that it makes his colorscheme seems unbalanced, there is just too much blue.. Just look at Jassbec's edit and see how much that improved. But I guess it's just a matter of getting used to (after all Knux is pure red, from head to toes and no one feels like it's a bad design). I personaly don't mind that he is taller, I think it adds up to the agile personality. While is cute seeing a chubby blue hedgehog run it's a welcoming change.

Problem with Knuckles isn't because he is bulk. No, not at all that is an amazingly good idea. After all he is supposed to be strong as hell. Problem is that he should be square-ish and more angular than round and full of curves. He looks like Mr. Incredible (not the younger one) where, yes, he is strong, but he is also floppy. Strong characters should never be round, otherwise they look fat. Look at Super Heroes and how angular and square-ish they tend to be. Also again with the bandages.

Amy's redesign is Ok. it could've used some more white in her dress to separate red from pink. But that's the only real complain I have about her.

Tails is just what I've always wanted for him. He looks cool, looks smart and have a toolbag. What's not to like? Even the bandages look cool on his shoes.

The overall game and TV shows seems like a fun new experiment for me. It's a chance for Sonic doing something entirely new. Explore new posibilities and have a new type of gameplay without having to stay too close from the "gameplay rules" the series set in almost 20 years ago. Mario changes every game, some have 3 types of jump, others have wall jumping, others have a water gun and others are set in mini-planets. Change is what keeps a series fresh and since this isn't cannon there is no reason to bitch and being negative. Let's try to be positive and welcome this well deserved change to this series we love so much instead of complaning once again it's not the same Sonic we grew up with. Things change, either go with the flow or get the fuck out of the river.

Edited by P3DR0 <3 5HR3K
  • Like 5