A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Forum themes

GSF

SFGHQers, the beta of the Soft theme port is now available for you to choose. It's extremely broken but it should save your eyes from burning in case you don't like bright white themes.

I'll be updating this constantly as I keep fixing the broken things. For the time being:

-----------------

1-Post action buttons (edit, report, etc) are yellow and behave oddly at times. Going to fix that later. [2013-Dec-12/00:25]Done. Might fine-tune the animation later, though

2-Text editor is horrible bright white. I can't do anything about this for the time being, because its CSS is hardcoded, just like the spinner in MyBB. Why developers keep doing this remains a mystery. I'll rewrite the CSS and submit for upload once it's fully finished.

3-Sideboxes are still on their defaults, mostly. Fixing it later. [2013-Dec-08/23:40]Done (temporarily). Going to tune it out further later on

4-A bunch of other colors are just plain wrong, and finding out which of the overlapping CSS lines actually takes preference is quite the adventure (Seriously, there are some selectors that have a fully detailed background property only to be overriden with a background:0; property right afterwards. The hell?)

5-Popups use gradients but are hard to read in. Adjusting that once I get the other things out of the way [2014-Jan-15/00:50]Done!

n-many other things...

-----------------

Oh, and some Soft Plus properties are added (alpha channels, etc). Unless you use a really old and/or crappy browser, you should be fine (FF 3.5+, Opera, Chromium, Safari, IE9+ should be OK).

Expect a lot of edits and broken stuff before we reach 1.0. After that, I'll be porting the other themes (pink, shine/night replacements). HOWEVER, IP.B 4 is just around the corner, and they say themes will break. Yaaaaay... I don't think it should be that bad though - I'll have the style layouts defined anyway.

Alright, that's it for now. Enjoy this haphazardly built theme for the time being. <3

If you find anything else that's broken, write here and I'll jot it down.

• Like 4

Phew, that's much better.

Thanks for that, gsoft. It would be nice if we could get some more themes, though. Or at least an updated version of the SFGHQ's theme. Perhaps even let the community work around with some designs and redesigns.

I had a bunch of projects left hanging since a long time. I was planning to finish them by around next SAGE, but with the switch, they won't be as useful.

So... I'll just port them later on. Don't worry, there's new stuff coming. One of the themes is a CSS3 based one that will most likely break if you don't use webkit, but it's going to look really nice :]

@Pedro: I know, that's the sidebar I mentioned. Lemme fix it quickly...

@Overbound: Awesome, can't wait to see it.

@OrdinarySonicFan: Yeah, any updates will be posted here. Starting off with a more readable color for the sidebars... done.

OK, the post action (quote, edit, etc) buttons are now much better. Animation needs a few tweaks though.

animating through CSS is not pretty straightforward...

EDIT: Now links and other buttons/menus also have transition animations, courtesy of CSS3.

When I'm done with this, I'll also make a "boring" variation of the theme - this means no alpha channels, transitions or anything like that. It'll basically be 2006 style again, for those with a penchant for nostalgia and/or shit browsers. :>

• 4 months later...