A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic SHMUP

Hello! Donno if most of you have heard of me, but I'm new to this forum. Well, at least the way it is now. I used to be apart of the scene before 2002 came around, so...yeah.

Anyway! Now that that's out of the way, Let me introduce you all to an SFG Matrixx Hedgehog and I have been working on lately. Matrixx is doing all programming, and I am doing everything else. It's called "Sonic SHMUP (short for Shoot 'Em Up for those who don't know the genre too well)," a working title. Now, on to some early screen shots. The first set are screens from the intro, and the last shot is of an early alpha.

intro_11.jpg

intro_1.jpg

intro_2.jpg

intro_3.jpg

intro_4.jpg

early_alpha.JPG

I'm hoping to have a demo out soon, so keep a look out!

Wow. The cutscene's remind me of Sonic CD's opening, mixed with Sonic : Time Attacked. Definately looking forward to this.

By the way, do you still have a collection of some of your voice acting? Those were really great.

Guest Shadix
Sonic X has a completely different art style, Zonar.

It does look like something official, though.

It reminds me of the OVA's style with extra sex. (and better shading)

Ila: Alpha screenshot. ;D Those aren't the final takes on the sprites.

USC: I have everything I've ever done in voice acting. I'm currently working on Sonic and the Death Cheese 2.

you did the death cheese? i still chuckle at that one every now and then1 i loved that one lol.